Software

vbimport

:flower: Hallo every body,
I’m trying to format & install full version windows xp.
My maschine is Compaq presario. Received it as gift and don’t have installation CD-Rom .
Can some body please help-out?
Thanks,
Tat

Your Compaq computer should have a little sticker on the bottom of it with your operating system key on it. Did the computer come with Windows XP? Or was it another operating system? If it was originally XP, your best course of action would be to contact Compaq and request a restore cd for the computer. There will probably be a small fee for this service.

If it was another operating system originally, and you want to put in XP, then you’ll have to purchase a copy of XP while it is still available. Make certain that there are drivers available for your computer for the XP operating system before doing this.

[QUOTE=amtat1;2481921]:flower: Hallo every body,
I’m trying to format & install full version windows xp.
My maschine is Compaq presario. Received it as gift and don’t have installation CD-Rom .
Can some body please help-out?
Thanks,
Tat[/QUOTE]

Is that software the restore cd or a complete install of XP? Also if that is a full install make sure you get all the drivers for the computer from HP before formatting so that when you complete the XP install then you run either those drivers updates or go through Device Manager to locate the drivers to load into XP O/S so the compaq works correctly. If you do it right you should be able to do a complete new no bloated O/S install just a plain XP install and load the drivers which will give you better computing experiences.