Software to support PlexPremium VariRec at 8x?

vbimport

What software supports PlexPremium VariRec at 8x in audio mode? (Exclude PlexTools) Nero 6 fails and suggests 4x and only 0->2 (-2) scale for burning.

I think that Feurio is the only other software that supports VariRec.

Plex Premium is only supported by Feurio with last beta version.

To use the beta versions you have to be registered.
A new demo version (demos are unlimited in time and features) with support for the Premium should be released soon.

thx, startin’ to try

have tried that… unfortunately, it’s switch back to 4x.

perhaps it’s a media problem.

This is what happened with a YamahaF1 and Audio Master Quality Recording with only 1x speed accepted, in this thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69360

I do not use Feurio but I have found a way to use the Plex Premium at 8x using VariRec. This works for any VariRec setting using Nero and Plextools.

Use Nero 5.5 (an even older version may work) and leave Plextools open. Setup the VariRec options to your desired settings (ex: 8x, cyanine) in Plextools. Now that the Premium has been setup for VariRec, you should be able to go and burn audio discs using Nero. You should only have the options to burn at 4x and 8x.

This is especially useful if you burn image or cue files and want to use the VariRec option.

By the way, minix is correct in that it could be an issue with poor quality media. Try to use Verbatim DLP or Taiyo Yuden when possible. The Premium can be picky.

420Freak

>>>you should be able to go and burn audio discs using Nero

so, nero will be ‘transparent’ to plextools settings and will burn with varirec value stated in plextools? :rolleyes:

btw, i do use verbatim dlp by mitsubishi

[…]

just have tried - yes, it works!:cool: 420Freak, minix - thanks a lot!

Glad it worked for you. After talking with Plextor, the VariRec option is just a command switch initiated in software. Plextools “flips the switch” and Nero burns as normal. I worked on this one a while so I’m glad it works for others as well. On my home AND car system, there is an audible difference (more detail) using VariRec +3 or +4 on Taiyo Yuden media.

420Freak

>>>there is an audible difference (more detail) using VariRec +3 or +4 on Taiyo Yuden media.

Is there any ‘numerical’ differences (beta, jitter, c1/c2)? I prefer to burn Mitsui Toatsu media at 8x to reach max audio quality, nevertheless a lot of my folks choose TY as CDDA media, so will try it at +3.