Software to manage media files

I am putting together a very large media library, around 1.5 to 2 TB’s. What are some good programs (preferably free) to manage a large volume of media files? I know certain players (WinAMP, MPlayer I think) come with media library managers but I wanted to get some advice on what you guys think.

Thanks!

thisis just my preference, but if you organize your files from the start, it’s not hard to simply manually keep a very retailed and organized library with windows explorer.

i hate letting media programs manage my files. i refuse to use the library functions of any mp3 players…my files are well enough organized where its more effective for me to do it myself.

one tool that I find indispensable for files that don’t have neat renaming tools (ie non-mp3s) is Total Commander. in addition to the million awesome uses it has, it has a batch rename tool and find/replace within the filename and saves a TON of time on renaming and organizing.

I know you’re looking for program recommendations and I can’t give any beacuse I don’t use any…this is just my alternate opinion!

also, 1.5-2TBs ::drool:: :slight_smile:

Thats cool. I am open to any ideas/suggestions/recommendations. This is my first stab at putting together a multimedia/entertainment PC. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!