Software to make photos into a movie?

vbimport

I took about 20 photos in rapid succession yesterday at my sister’s graduation. If you play them right next to each other, you can literally watch her walk down the asile. I’d like to put these together into a video for her. I did a brief Google search and Windows Movie Maker seemed like a good choice (since it was on my computer anyway) but the lowest time frames it allows is a .125 viewing of each photo wit ha .25 second transition. This ended up being too slow. I need them faster. Does anyone have a recommendation of freeware (either downloadable or directly online)?

I haven’t tried it, but look at MakeAVI: http://www.tucows.com/article/2058

You have very few frames to work with however. At 15fps, using MakeAVI, you’ll have just over 1 second of video. Maybe you could experiment with duplicate frames…say 4 frames of the same picture, then 4 frames of the next?

You can do this from the command line using ffmpeg:

To turn X number of images to a video sequence

ffmpeg -f image2 -i image%d.jpg video.mpg

This command will transform all the images from the current directory (named image1.jpg, image2.jpg, etc…) to a video file named video.mpg.

Thanks Whappo . I played around with ffmpeg a bit doing this & it does work.
A couple of notes;
You need the ffmpeg.exe in the directory you are working with. Just copy & paste it there.
This is a command line that will also control the frame rate to 5fps. The -r 5 it the setting. Change as needed for a better flow. I was only working with 40 frames.
I also didn’t test converting this to DVD format so that would probably change it back.
ffmpeg -f image2 -y -r 5 -i image%d.jpg -b 1500k video.wmv
I also used IfranView to batch rename all the image names to image 1,2,etc.
I think to get a smooth flow the OP will need several copies of each image . With the correct number sequence for each .
Like imageA01,imageA02.etc. imageB01,imageB02,etc & so on.
or they may need to be numbered in sequence without the letter in the name.
I didn’t try that far.
Still an interesting way to do it.

Hey cholla. Yeah, can do a lot of things with ffmpeg but I ususally have to spend some time figuring out how to do the things I want to do. I stumbled upon this when I was trying to create some stills from a little movie clip I had, ffmpeg -i video.mpg image%d.jpg created the jpegs and then I figured out how to reverse the process and recreate the video clip. It doesn’t have to be just jpegs you can use GIF, PNG, TIFF, SGI. I haven’t tried with bitmap.

The old GOM player would do multiple stills from a clip. It probably used ffmpeg to do that.
ffmpeg was able to do this in different video formats too . I did .avi & .wmv as well as .mpg .
The images I played around with are some I had that I had made an animated .gif from .
The .gif works a lot better than the video but you couldn’t put it on a DVD & have it work when played on a standalone.