Software to Make a CUE/WAVE or just an ISO

vbimport

Hi audio expert :kiss:

Does any one know a software that will allow me to do exact copy of an audio CD? with EAC it takes for ever to extract with my BenQ, and it takes even longer with my Liteon (Because of the cash).
I am currently using audiograbber which is a great ripper, but does not have CUE/WAVE functions.
I was impressed by this function in EAC, but don’t want to rip a CD at 2 to 3X…

CloneCD, what else?

Hi,

both drives, BenQ and Liteon should be able to extract the audio faster than 2-3x.
There might be two reasons, why the extraction takes such a long time:
The disc is seriously damaged (scratched, labeled as “will not play on PC/MAC”) or
You have set the wrong extraction options. Maybe you have set the “paranoid mode”, see http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/eac11.html#Extraction

Other than most rippers, EAC tries to read audio files as carefully as possible. This will take up more time than usual, but 2-3x is far too slow, so I suspect the reasons I noted above.

Michael

Hi mciahel,
I have read in many post some other guys with the same problem with those two drives!!! I have checked for the paranoid mode, and it is not activated!!!
I will look again just in case I missed something but …
BTW I used the automatic mode to set the burners (when I first started EAC), and it chose my Benq as primary ripper (since it has accurate mode, and no cash, and no C2), maybe I should deactivate the accurate mode???

CHEF, thanks for the TIP, but this years I spent too much money in softwares … I was hopping for a free stuff :wink:

Hi,

I can’t complain with my 1650 :slight_smile:

I have checked for the paranoid mode, and it is not activated!!!
I will look again just in case I missed something but …

Okay.

BTW I used the automatic mode to set the burners (when I first started EAC), and it chose my Benq as primary ripper (since it has accurate mode, and no cash, and no C2),

Was this, what EAC suggested? What are the features EAC reports for the other drive?

maybe I should deactivate the accurate mode???

Absolutely not!
You may disable the use of ASPI and set SPTI instead.

… I was hopping for a free stuff :wink:

With CDEX you can rip Audio to one file, but I have not yet managed to get a CUE-sheet.

Michael

I use Cdex to rip the individual tracks to wav or MP3, depending what I want. Can’t see why one would need to do it to cue/wav. But I’m no expert on this.

Like I said, I really liked the way EAC made an exact copy of my [B]entire[/B] CDs at once!!!

Hi bichonn,

have you already tried to configure EAC in that way, that ASPI is not used?

Michael

I don’t have the aspi layer!!! and never will have it!!!

Okay. I don’t have ASPI installed, too.

Then you should try, if resetting EAC would help:
Open regedit.exe and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software. There should be an entry named “AW Software”. Delete that. Next, open your favourite file manager and navigate to the directory where you installed EAC to (e.g. “C:\Program Files\EAC”). There are some files with extension .DAT. Delete them or move them to a backup directory.
Then start EAC, you’ll go through the whole init sequence again. Leave anything, as autoconfigured by EAC, just change CD-Text options if you want. Exit EAC and try EAC again.

The settings for my DW 1650 look like that:

I see …
the main difference with the 1620 is that the drive doens’t cache the audio data (which is great), so this box doesn’t have to be checked!!!
Your setting is similar to the one with my Philips 1648.
I will try my philips later and post the results.
Thanks

Anyone can tell me the other way how to burn it.
I have 1 big wav file and a cue sheet. How do I burn it that it split in tracks the wav file using the cue file?

Software to burn 1 big .wav using the .cue file to a Audio CD in tracks (per song splitt a pause so that each song is one wav file)

A few quick pointers:

Almost any burning program will burn a CD from a CUE+BIN combo. I like BURRRN the best for writing audio CDs. Actually, EAC with the DAO module will do it, too.

Set your drive offsets correctly in EAC if you want a true 1:1 audio rip. Install the AccurateRip DLL if you’re really anal.

If choosing between Litey and BenQ DVD burners for audio ripping, go with the BenQ.

EAC, CueMake, Daemon Tools and Burrrn are great free programs to have in your audio CD toolbox.

I’ve had pretty decent results with jet audio: decent rip and / or burn speeds. Eac rips pretty slowly on my system too, but there’s a setting that let’s you do other stuff in the foreground while eac runs minimized.

EAC is the only way to get a perfect rip. Yes, it is slow. But it is slow for a reason. :iagree:

If you want a 1:1 copy of a cd, you have to set the drives offset. Most drives have an offset where they start reading the CD either too early or too late. To get a perfect 1:1 copy of a CD you need to correct for that.
http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm

I’ve used foobar 2000 to split one wav file into individual files - load the cue
file, highlight the tracks, right click and choose Convert (convert to). If I
remember correctly, I’ve burnt with EAC - Tools, Write CD-R, File->Load Cue
Sheet.

J

yeah eac is the way to go :iagree: