Software to extract single CD+G (karaoke) songs

Hi all,
I am looking for something that I can use to pick and choose CD+G songs from a disk and rip to hard drive, and then make my own collection, and burn back to disk. I can already backup a complete disk, but want to start making my own compilations.

Thanks,

Flanman:confused:

Maybe you should give CDRWin a try.
It’s extraction engine is able to copy single tracks (with subs) to your HDD. You’ll end up with files containing the main- and subchannel-data interleaved (2448 bytes / sector).
You can get it here.

Hi flanman,

you must hope also that your CD reader or burner is able to read the CD+G subcode. Just to make an example, you can’t do this with CDRWin and the legendary Plextor PX40-TS, since CDRWin says that this drive isn’t “reliable” enough to do that work (indeed, with older version of CDRWin it was possible to use the CD+G subcode option also with this drive).
However, most newer drives support this feature. If it is not your case, the corresponding feature in CDRWin will be greyed.
Regards,

ET

Originally posted by flanman
[B]Hi all,
I am looking for something that I can use to pick and choose CD+G songs from a disk and rip to hard drive, and then make my own collection, and burn back to disk. I can already backup a complete disk, but want to start making my own compilations.

Thanks,

Flanman:confused: [/B]