Software to edit DVD movies

Is there a software where i can watch a movie in real time and remove or blank out any bits eg scenes of needless bad language (which I hate) ?

Take a look at this thread over at the afterdawn forums for blanking out the audio. Not particularly simple. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/601265

You’ll have to decrypt and rip the main movie to the hard drive first. Use DVDFab HD Decrypter for this.

If you want to cut sections out, you’ll need an mpeg2 editor like VideoRedo, Womble Mpeg Video Wizard DVD, or a free one like Cuttermaran (Disclaimer: I haven’t used Cuttermaran–just know of its existance).
Of those, the Womble program might fit your needs best, since it can reauthor the edited video back to dvd format.

Thx for the reply, wow looks deep :frowning: no other ways of blanking out parts of a DVD movie that anyone knows of? Audio and video?

just chop the movie up into a lot of seperate titles with dvdshrink in reauthor mode

Are you looking for a method to real-time censor the content of your own dvd movies while you watch them? Why? Don’t they have PG or ESRB rating boards which tells you what to expect from a dvd?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;1957103]Are you looking for a method to real-time censor the content of your own dvd movies while you watch them? Why? Don’t they have PG or ESRB rating boards which tells you what to expect from a dvd?[/QUOTE]

yes real time editing would be great, yes all films are rated but my wife hates bad laguage in movies as do I but Im alittle more tolerant, some films I watch and would like my wife to see so to know how to blank out the “F’s” as I watch it on the PC then burn the result to a disk would be great