Software to defeat SecuROM >4.8x protection

I can’t seem to get a working backup of some SecuROM games. From a similar (but hardware related) post at the hardware forum, the problem doesn’t seem to be my drive.

I’ve tried:

1. Blindread 4.5.0.39 Blindwrite 4.5.0.68+ BWA Builder 4.9
  2. BWA builder + CloneCD 4.2.0.2 + twinpeaks
  3. Alcohol 120% v1.4.3 (+ BWA builder to convert MDS->BWA format) + twinpeaks

If using Blindwrite you need to use version 4.2.5 or 4.5.2
These 2 versions will both do Securom 4.8+ without emulation.

You can use just Alcohol 120% to burn the new securom versions too. Just get the image which had the RMPS data with it, and select “Securom *NEW (V4.x)” and burn it. This will work if you have the data, else it won’t work right. If you don’t have the data you may be able to install the game but if won’t get past the protection scan when you try to play.

clonecd and twinpeak method…

look under clonecd forum for directions in the read first sticky

xtacydima: I’ve tried the clonecd & twinpeak method. (Option 2)

Thanks for the info, Alexstarfire. I’ll try and burn a CD-RW with it instead and see how it goes.

Does anyone know if the results of the RMPS data is the same for all CDs, or varies with each CD batch, like which country it is marketed in?

what reader are you suing, what writer. Maybe you cant read subs well, in which case emulation is your best bet.

Alcohol runs emulation in the background, so it if anything might work. Otherwise try dameon tools.

xtacydima, my old .bwa files of the game were extracted with a LiteOn-40125S. Depending on what I have plugged in, sometimes I try the SecuROM checks on that drive (no problems) or a LiteOn-48126S (ALWAYS has problems).

I have been trying to get a CD the SecuROM >4.8x is happy with, before trying for a HDD emulation as well. (Hey, what can I say, I’m a CD freak :D). I have tried HDD emulation with Alcohol 120% but it doesn’t work. Then again, it could be because I just got Alcohol 120% (trial version) and I am not used to it yet.

Tyro, are you aware that lite-ons are not good sub readres? Toshiba dvd-rom drives are overall best for reading weak sectors (safedisk) and sub channell data (securom).

Hope that helps.

:slight_smile:

last i knew , the lite on 163d was one of the best readers you could have. toshiba’s are a little bit sensitive - wont verify backups as well, from what i remember about safedisc 2.51

@ckin2001, Well, he is in need of a securom backup, not safedisc. From reading many threads in the clonecd forum, I passed along what I learned about Lite-on (not great sub reader) and Toshiba (great sub readers and weak sector reader) drives. Also, I haven’t seen from my experience how the toshiba is sensivite when it comes to safedisc. In my rig you can see I have both a Lite-on and a Toshiba. Its even the preferred drive for the sheep test. Actually its the only drive recommended.

@Tyro, like I said before, it would help if you mentioned your hardware to us. lso read speed and write speed.

@ xtacydima

Lite-on dvds are excellent subs readers. It’s only Lite-on cdrws that aren’t that good.

However, subs reading capability is largely irrelevant for securom 4.8x (since subs don’t form part of the protection). Where reliable subs reading is needed is for older securom new (e.g. Warcraft III) and libcrypt protected psx cds.

Originally posted by philamber

Lite-on dvds are excellent subs readers. It’s only Lite-on cdrws that aren’t that good.

A source ( :wink: ) from LiteOn considers that “DVD ROM is not a better reader than burner”.

[B]@ xtacydima

[/B]

i cant remember if it was sirdavidguy or futureproof that recommended the ltd163d as a great reader.

toshiba’s are great for perfect discs, i will give them that.

Originally posted by BoSkin
A source ( :wink: ) from LiteOn considers that “DVD ROM is not a better reader than burner”.

Yeah but he was talking about c2 errors and the like in that post.

If you’ve got oodles of time to waste, trawl through all the old posts about copying Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights when they were released last year.

You’ll find that no-one who used a Litey Dvd as their reader and a Litey cdrw as writer had any problem at all whilst many of those who used their Litey cdrws as both reader and writer had no shortage of problems (in fact, it’s the reason for the special Lite-on securom new profile for CloneCD in the profiles sticky).

Yeah but he was talking about c2 errors .

Yeah but I wasn’t :bigsmile:

Originally posted by xtacydima

@Tyro, like I said before, it would help if you mentioned your hardware to us. lso read speed and write speed.

xtacydima…thanks for the reply. I’ve got 2 rigs:

Rig #1:
P3-866MHz with Win XP
128MB RDRAM
LiteOn 483S (CD-ROM drive)
LiteOn 40125S (CD-RW drive)

Rig #2:
P4-2.6GHz with Win XP
258MB DDR RAM
LiteOn 48126S (CD-RW drive)

Software I have at my disposal:
Blindwrite suite (trial version)
Alcohol 120% (trial version)
Nero (full version)
CloneCD (full version)
Twinpeaks

Anything else I can download quickly (esp. if it is a trial version, or I may need convincing that its worth forking out money for).

ahh, now that makes since, in earlier post all you showed were 2 lite-on burners, no dvd lite-ons. In that case yes, philabler and all others I agree with. I was going on the notion your only available lite-ons were non-dvd.