Software to Compress ISO. 258 Mb to only 2Mb. Example is here

Dear All,

I have an ISO image of 2.2 mb only.

When I mounted this image to the drive its size became 258 mb.

Does any one know the Compressor like this that make a 258 mb file to 2Mb ISO File.

Here is also the link of that file where you can see the file.

Click Here

Elite Hunter :slight_smile:

Curious. What are you using to mount the ISO image? You cannot compress 258MB down to 2mb. Something isn’t right.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2238192]Curious. What are you using to mount the ISO image? You cannot compress 258MB down to 2mb. Something isn’t right.[/QUOTE]

I’m using Nero Image Drive to mount this image.
Nothing is wrong with my Software.

I already show that file also. Also have the second file which one is 22.2 Mb. When I mounted then it shows 598 Mb.

This is possible. We don’t know the Software. Help me to find out.

A lot of times the data doesn’t actually exist more than once and there are multiple directory entries pointing to the same data. Each of those directory entries count as data but it isn’t really there. I’ve seen some DVDs use this trick to make the ripping software ‘think’ there’s over 60 GB on the dvd.

[QUOTE=EliteHunter;2238210]
This is possible. We don’t know the Software. Help me to find out.[/QUOTE]

It is NOT possible. You can search until you run out of internet but you still won’t find it.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2238228]A lot of times the data doesn’t actually exist more than once and there are multiple directory entries pointing to the same data. Each of those directory entries count as data but it isn’t really there. I’ve seen some DVDs use this trick to make the ripping software ‘think’ there’s over 60 GB on the dvd.[/QUOTE]

I agree if it sounds too good to be true then it most likely doesn’t exist at all. Considering the source is a fileshare it’s a doubious claim. Also as Whappo says search til your heart content it doesn’t exist. Otherwise us cdfreaks users on here would know about it already and be using it. That amount of compression and decompression is a trick program not the actual data. Software like that I would place in the realm of malware or spyware hidden inside of it.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2238336] That amount of compression and decompression is a trick program not the actual data. Software like that I would place in the realm of malware or spyware hidden inside of it.[/QUOTE]

That’s isn’t a malware or spyware program. That file I had uploaded is the 2nd disk of the Windows Media Center OS. And it shows only 1 person had downloaded yet and no one saw this file.
Please first see the file and try to find it. That will be too much helpful for us.

The first disk is also in my pc of 22.2 Mb. on mounting it shows 598. If you want to see that file also then tell me I will upload that one also.

That’s actual 2.2 mb. When I uploaded to Gmail. There also 2.2 Mb. Its too fast to send to a friend and keeping less space in HD. so that’s a plus point of this file.

Please figure out this problem.

EliteHunter

I’m also attaching the snap for the proof.

you may see these snaps for confirmation. And the actual file is present in the Main Post.

This one is showing the Actual File which I having:

http://clip2net.com/clip/m12364/1237198052-clip-137kb.jpg

The Second one is having the snap of Mounted Image.

http://clip2net.com/clip/m12364/1237198235-clip-77kb.png

The third one is showing that the files of the CD having really taking space:

http://clip2net.com/clip/m12364/1237198476-clip-96kb.jpg

See the files. If there is any other help needed to figure out this problem then I’m here. Just say and I will do it.

EliteHunter

To me it looks like this ISO has been truncated at 2.2MB, which would be enough to carry the directory structure at the start of the ISO and possibly one or a few small files located near the directory structure data.

Could you try copying the files and folders from the mounted 2.2MB ISO to your PC to see if they copy successfully? If they copy fine, try extracting the contents of the mediactr.cab file using WinRAR and seeing if WinRAR reports an error trying to do so. WinRAR supports Cab archives.

From my experience, files compressed as Cab, Rar, Zip or any other popular file compression tool cannot be compressed any further, so these CAB files inside this ISO file are likely not intact or are just contain null data.

[QUOTE=Seán;2238491]To me it looks like this ISO has been truncated at 2.2MB, which would be enough to carry the directory structure at the start of the ISO and possibly one or a few small files located near the directory structure data.

Could you try copying the files and folders from the mounted 2.2MB ISO to your PC to see if they copy successfully? If they copy fine, try extracting the contents of the mediactr.cab file using WinRAR and seeing if WinRAR reports an error trying to do so. WinRAR supports Cab archives.

From my experience, files compressed as Cab, Rar, Zip or any other popular file compression tool cannot be compressed any further, so these CAB files inside this ISO file are likely not intact or are just contain null data.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thanks,

Now I understand. What’s the wrong with the this ISO.

[QUOTE=Seán;2238491]To me it looks like this ISO has been truncated at 2.2MB, which would be enough to carry the directory structure at the start of the ISO and possibly one or a few small files located near the directory structure data.

From my experience, files compressed as Cab, Rar, Zip or any other popular file compression tool cannot be compressed any further, so these CAB files inside this ISO file are likely not intact or are just contain null data.[/QUOTE]

Ok Thanks,

Now I understand. What’s the wrong with this ISO.