Software to compare CDs

Does anyone know of a software to compare 2 CDs?

If you mean compare CDs for errors (C1, C2) i think WSES can do it but it can only be used with Lite-on drives… And there is also the Nero’s CD Speed Quality check

Try CDCheck, but I don’t think it compares sub-channel data, just
files & folders.

Originally posted by Hemispasm
If you mean compare CDs for errors (C1, C2) i think WSES can do it but it can only be used with Lite-on drives… And there is also the Nero’s CD Speed Quality check

What I mean is, if I make a copy of something, use my two CD drives to make sure it’s a 1:1 copy. By checking for differences, not errors.

For audio - EAC, for data - why not CloneCD ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
[B]

What I mean is, if I make a copy of something, use my two CD drives to make sure it’s a 1:1 copy. By checking for differences, not errors. [/B]
I don’t really understand this. If you wanna check out if your back up is 1:1, all you have to do is install it and see whether it runs. No software is necessary for that. :wink:

If you wanna check out if your back up is 1:1, all you have to do is install it and see whether it runs.

That would’nt work, suppose you installed it, but you can’t test all the features in the software in a short amount of time ( or if you’re lazy :bigsmile: ) - you won’t find out until later, if a .dll or what ever plugin is corrupt.

Originally posted by Truman
[B]

That would’nt work, suppose you installed it, but you can’t test all the features in the software in a short amount of time ( or if you’re lazy :bigsmile: ) - you won’t find out until later, if a .dll or what ever plugin is corrupt. [/B]
Yep i guess you’re right :wink:

Maybe you have a software suggestion for BadReligionPR (and me since i am also one of those lazy guys after all :slight_smile: )

create a first image with clonecd and burn it then recreate from the backup a second image

use msdos command fc on 2 two files like that :

fc image1 image2

fc/h gives some help

Arrowkey’s CDR-Verifier will do the trick.

http://www.arrowkey.com/cd-r_verifier.html

I use it for some of the more important backups

As said above, Cdcheck will also do the trick.

http://elpros.si/CDCheck/