Software To Burn PSX Games

vbimport

I have some problems with burning Playstation games ( with Alcohol 120% ).
When i burn a IMG , BIN , MDS or other psx files at 10X speed at RAW DAO format it plays on my PSX until the Playstation logo apears, and after that i only get a black screen .

Now is their something wrong with the burning speed or is there a better program to burn PSX games with.

Is your playstation mod-chipped?
PSX game backups cannot be played without a mod-chip or action replay or similar device that boots home-brew games.

The PSX Logo just means it’s booted.

Debro,

My Playstation is chipped because it reads burnt cd’s from 6 years ago , but if i write one now it doesnt react after the bootscreen, sometimes it goes to the into of the game , but after that it gives a blackscreen again .

What CD’s are you using?

Try reburning the images to different media - it’s the most common problem.

Otherwise, please provide details of the CD’s, game (and region), and the settings you are using for alcohol, and also the version no# of alcohol you are using.

I Use Emtec Cd-R 80Min - 700 Mb - 52x

The version is Pal ( Crash Bandicoot 3-Warped-PSX-PAL.bin )

The setting i use :
Image Burn Wizard
Writing Speed : 10x
Burn Method : RAW DAO
Buffer Underrun On
Datatype : Playstation

Version of alcohol : 1.9.7 ( Trail )

Crash Bandicoot Warped (PAL) has an incredibly simple protection whereby it has two data tracks - which is an illegal TOC for a CD.

It’s something that should be defeated incredibly easily by any software that read raw images. Alcohol should be reading raw images.

You can try burning at a lower speed as it may help, but I doubt it.

I used to burn all CDR’s at 16x which was CAV/PCAV on all CD writers - < 5 mins writing time. Some of the better drives used PCAV at 24x … but even the ones which used Z-CLV worked fine in all instances at 24x.

My first suggestion stands - Try different CDR’s - it’s likely that your PSX can’t read the CD’s.

Ok , ill try a different now , i have another one here.

ill contact you in a half hour.

Ok , i tryed it with a TDK CD-RW * 700 MB * 80 Min * 1x - 4x Multispeed .

And now the playstation dont reconize it and i burned @ 4x .

Same preferences like before and this file : C:\Downloads\Crash Bandicoot 3-Warped-PSX-PAL\Crash Bandicoot 3-Warped-PSX-PAL.cue.

i did it with Image burn Wizard.

Readability of CDRW is worse than bad quality CDR.

is emtec such a bad quality CD-R ?

But its weird , because sometimes it proceeds after bootscreen, or do i need to try lower my burning speed under 10x with the CD-R ?

Or is the best , i just load the iso in a virtual drive and then just copy the from the virtual drive to my writer ?

Try running a lens cleaner through your PSX.

I didn’t realise that burners could actually write at 10x.
Usual speeds are 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 12x 16x, 24x …

The virtual drive won’t help you if the image you’ve extracted is not correct, nor if the media you are using is not up to par. Extractinga copy from a virtual drive and burning it would IMHO be a complete waste of time.

I’m pretty sure that emtec don’t actually manufacture any CDR, but just rebadge other manufacturers media. Rebadgers often switch to whatever media is cheap this week … so the quality of the media can be very different from one week to another.

Try burning the image with imgburn (it’s free software) at 16x speed.
In the information panel (top right) it will also tell you the MID (aka who manufactured the discs).

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4080N 0H37 (ATA)
Current Profile: CD-R

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Free Sectors: 359.844
Free Space: 736.960.512 bytes
Free Time: 79:59:69 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 10x; 16x; 24x

ATIP Information:
Start Time of LeadIn (MID): 97m26s66f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s71f

http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=burningzc0.jpg

Ive tryed it with imgburn and it Doesnt work either .

it stay stuck on the bootscreen.

Your CDR’s are manufactured by CMC magnetics - which, in my experience, have either quite poor reflectivity, or poor quality.

Choose one. Either, or both of those options will cause your PSX (which has a crappy reading drive) not to read your copies correctly.

In short, try some different CDR’s (not CDRW).

Ok so its only the CD-R that causes the problem ?

Not the files or methods i am using to burn it ?

EDIT ::::

I put the FF VII disk in that the psx can read and this is the info :

Disc Information:
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 317.786
Size: 650.825.728 bytes
Time: 70:39:11 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 10x

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0 - 317786)
-> Track 01 (Mode 2, Form 1, LBA: 0 - 317785)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 317786)

ATIP Information:
Start Time of LeadIn (MID): 97m26s51f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s74f

Ok , i have bought TDK CD-R80 Now .

Disc Information:
Free Sectors: 359.847
Free Space: 736.966.656 bytes
Free Time: 79:59:72 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 10x; 16x; 24x

ATIP Information:
Start Time of LeadIn (MID): 97m17s06f
Last Possible Start Time of LeadOut: 79m59s74f

Now whats the best , ill burn it with IMGburn @ 1x or with alcohol 120% @ 16x

i tryed it with Alcohol and IMGburn @ 10x speed , and it dont get to the bootscreen , only where you can choose memorycard and play audio screen .

like debro says, this game shouldn’t be a problem at all.

you can try clonecd, in the past I burned nearly all my psx games with clonecd and I had not many problems.

here you can find a clonecd profile for this game, it should inlude all important settings ;). hopefully it will work for you

Crash Bandicoot 3

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;2149667]like debro says, this game shouldn’t be a problem at all.

you can try clonecd, in the past I burned nearly all my psx games with clonecd and I had not many problems.

here you can find a clonecd profile for this game, it should inlude all important settings ;). hopefully it will work for you

Crash Bandicoot 3[/QUOTE]

it say i need it to burn it in RAW SAO and not RAW DAO . but the rest i dont understand because the site is in german.