Software that really works under Vista

vbimport

I installed Vista on my system when it first came out I almost have a stable software configuration on my system. Don’t get me wrong, I think Vista is great by many some of my favorite programs wont install or run under it.

The following progarms actually install and run great undre Vista:

DVDFab Platinum (No problems, great as always)
NOD32 Antivirus (the best, and I tried em all)
Roxio CD Creator Suite 9
WinDVD8
AOA DVD Ripper (minor GUI problem)
Perfectdisk 8
GOM Player (free)
McAfee Site Advisor Plus (really great utility)
Alcohol 52 (trust me, you’ll need it under Vista)

All of these a great products and should cover most of what people here do with their systems.

Now if only Outpost Pro or Zone Alarm would release a Vista firewall.

I am having problems burning movies to dvd… The sound is off on play back… When burned under xp pro works perfect… whats the deal?

Zone Alarm has vista listed as able to work on vista

I just added another year to my Trend Micro Internet Security, but I can’t find a Vista-compatible client on their site, and no mention that their current client will work on Vista… Considering getting AVG if Trend Micro craps out…

Obviously you mean “runs great under Vista 32” because DVD Fab Platinum won’t even install on Vista 64 let alone run on it. The only point of Vista is the 64 bit release so 32 bit compatibility doesn’t qualify as “Vista Compatible”. Programs must run on both versions to be considered “Vista Compatible”.

If anyone has managed to get DVD Fab Platinum to install and run on a Vista 64 system, please post your method and results.

Hi Dilburt
You are correct on that :bow: sorry I did not point out that DVDFab Platinum will not work on a Vista 64 bit system.
Thank you for correcting my mistake

Their web site doesn’t list a version for Vista. Is their an open beta test for it.

I believe it is their “Internet Security Suite” I read it some where on their forum and it may be still in the beta stage of development