Software Offer Legit?

Hi,
I am interested in buying MS Word Professional because I write a lot, with ideas for a book.

On eBay, MS Office 2010 Professional costs about $150+, but I found an MS Office 2010 Professional Plus for $100 and that is negotiable. It is claimed that all the components are there including the new product key.

I don’t have that much $, so this is appealing. Is it too good to be true, I don’t want to buy stolen, or pirated software. How can you protect yourself?

Thanx :slight_smile:

Yo-

Depends where you are buying the software.

If it is Amazon - then you are protected by the A to Z policy.

If it is on eBay - and you make sure to pay with PayPal - then you are covered for 45 days from order if anything is amiss.

If it is a direct website - then you are screwed if it is fake, stolen, etc

Pay with a credit card - preferably American Express (NEVER with a debit card) or PayPal.

Good luck,

[QUOTE=SkipperChaim;2674424]Hi,
I am interested in buying MS Word Professional because I write a lot, with ideas for a book.

On eBay, MS Office 2010 Professional costs about $150+, but I found an MS Office 2010 Professional Plus for $100 and that is negotiable. It is claimed that all the components are there including the new product key.

I don’t have that much $, so this is appealing. Is it too good to be true, I don’t want to buy stolen, or pirated software. How can you protect yourself?

Thanx :)[/QUOTE]

Have you checked your local seller to see what they offer for the M$ office that might be a good alternative to buying online. At least that way you won’t get riped off but a good way is to have the seller check with M$ and give you a certified paperwork from M$ saying it is a legit Product Key as well that will insure they are selling legit product. And if not then you know whom not to buy it from. Ebay is good for hardware but for software unless you have a good background and know enough to check the software they selling is legit I would avoid it.

I use the 4 latest versions of MS WORD (XP, 2003, 2007 and 2010) but I also use both the free Open Office and Libre Office with no discernable differences other than the colors of the toolbar icons and the spelling of the program in the Title Bar.

With the two free products, I have even more customization for my toolbars and menus, as well. I can have Auto-Save in MS OFFICE formats, too, so I don’t have ‘compatibility issues’ with clients, various print houses for our brochures and user-manuals, etc.

I use Columnar Tables, Inserted Graphics with in-document formatting, Word Balloons, Text Art in all of these documents, and the freebie products handle these identically to even my MS OFFICE 2003 and XP versions.

Heck, the MS Office products have more incompatibiltiies with each other across these 4 versions than the Open-Libre Office enforces.

Maybe MS OFFICE 2013, or perhaps 2017, and certainly MS OFFICE 2029 will get my attention, but I’m not certain I’ll spend money on those if finances are useful elsewhere.

(By the way, some folks will sell ‘access’ to Volume-License software. For example, when we buy a 1,000-license VL, we might only use 800 for our clients. So there’s a 200-user counter in Microsoft’s HQ that could accept more Users. Some employee could do this, probably without being caught UNLESS that number was violated, and MS contacted the employer to have them do an audit of legitimate user IPs. Then they might down all of those license-users until a new install could be done. This is the promise-threat.)