Software--MALWARE HIJACK from microsoft

I’m having an array problems, First upon bootup I get this Security Center Malware defense that keeps popping up, then tells me I’m infected with many High Risk Suspicious software, tells me to download a free scanner, but if I want them to remove these files I’ll have to pay. This doesn’t sound like a microsoft ploy, but it may be. I went into add/remove programs and removed it, went also to REGEDIT and removed it from my software tab folder, restarted the computer, and it still pops up and even stopped about ten times while trying to write this message.
I previously was protected through ATT security, but ATT started charging for this service. I was going to try the Kaspersky Free trial to see if I can remove these files, before reformatting everything and starting all over!!!

Here’s are examples – They tell me my Internet Explorer has these.
(Virus.Win32,Gpcode.ak,)
(Net-worm.win32.dipnet.d) and
(Trojan-downloader.JS.Multi.ca)
(Rootkit.win32.agent.pp)

So about two times a minute, I get high risk newly named virus, then the cycle starts all over again with the screen going dark except for this Malware program that prompts me to enable the software, then wants to have me buy it….I hate being hijacked like this, and this computer is freezing up a lot! $79.50 they want and it’s from Guardsoftware.

That’s a common ploy. Usually comes from clicking on the wrong spot to close the first one. If you’re lucky enough to be able to still get to the internet or run a program, http://malwarebytes.org/ is the place to go.

They are not from Microsoft they are just made to look like they are,usually by clicking anywhere on these pest you get the virus,worm,trojans

Get malwarebytes and run malwarebytes in safe mode to make sure you get everything.

You could also try trendmicro.com

They´ll do an on-line “house call”…free, and should be able to also remove whatever junk you´ve picked up there

If you have time to start fresh then thats best.

Some good free software to use with your install is Comdo firewall, just the firewall don’t install the other services or their antivirus, its totally free (google ‘comodo free’). The other is Avast antivirus, its also free all you have to do is register and get a code from them each year, all free. Its best to install the OS and software with the network cable unplugged, when your system is protected plug it back into the world :wink:

Hi,[QUOTE=rivrbyte;2485427]I’m having an array problems, First upon bootup I get this Security Center Malware defense that keeps popping up, then tells me I’m infected with many High Risk Suspicious software, tells me to download a free scanner, but if I want them to remove these files I’ll have to pay. [/QUOTE]Please google for Scareware.

Michael

A combination of Avira and malwarebytes is all you need to remove these suckers.

If the problem persists get "Hijackthis"
Google it to know more about it

i had some thing like this on my server and that wanted money off i found that system restore and that sorted it out
so maybe it will for you ?