Software issue

vbimport

Hello I have maNY MP3 CD ROM THAT I WANT TO OPEN AND PLAY BUT THEY WONT READ ON MY COMPUTER THEY ARE ABOUT 4YRS OLD AND I USE ADAPTES SOFTWARE TO BURN THE DISK SAY TO INSTALL A UDF
READER i AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7. i FOUND A PROGRAM CD ROLLER
DO I NEED THIS AND MY 40.00 DOLLARS TO OPEN UP GOOD MP3 C ROMS THANKS MIKE…:sad:

I don’t know what exactly your problem is but don’t rush in to buy software.
In fact, my long unwritten law is never buy any software when I can use free software.

Wait around for other replies as they would likely be better at troubleshooting this with you than I would be.

[QUOTE=cme418;2685597]Hello I have maNY MP3 CD ROM THAT I WANT TO OPEN AND PLAY BUT THEY WONT READ ON MY COMPUTER THEY ARE ABOUT 4YRS OLD AND I USE ADAPTES SOFTWARE TO BURN THE DISK SAY TO INSTALL A UDF
READER i AM RUNNING WINDOWS 7. i FOUND A PROGRAM CD ROLLER
DO I NEED THIS AND MY 40.00 DOLLARS TO OPEN UP GOOD MP3 C ROMS THANKS MIKE…:sad:[/QUOTE]

FYI… Caps is consider yelling and won’t get a reply any time soon…and lack of any helpful info doesn’t help to solve the problem your having…

Hello Mike, welcome to Myce :slight_smile:

Do you know anyone who has a LiteOn or Samsung branded drive that you could use to try to recover the discs’ contents? These drives are usually pretty good at reading damaged or deteriorated discs (I myself recovered the contents of some dodgy DVD-Rs using a LiteOn drive).

IsoBuster the trial version is free. Then less functional after the trial.
I have a paid version & I can’t remember how well te trial does this but it should be able to extract files from the old discs.

I think the main problem is from Vista up even though they are supposed to be backward compatable to older UDF. They are not.

[QUOTE=cholla;2685717]IsoBuster the trial version is free. Then less functional after the trial.
I have a paid version & I can’t remember how well te trial does this but it should be able to extract files from the old discs.

I think the main problem is from Vista up even though they are supposed to be backward compatable to older UDF. They are not.[/QUOTE]

^ I did wonder about IsoBuster…couldn’t recall if it was paid software or not though (thanks) :slight_smile:

If those songs were burned on UDF formatted disk, only way to get them work is to use the same software it was formatted in or IsoBuster to retrieve them.
I ran into this problem before and since than newer use UDF formatting.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2685638]FYI… Caps is consider yelling and won’t get a reply any time soon…and lack of any helpful info doesn’t help to solve the problem your having…[/QUOTE]

CC is Cool, like always. :wink: