Software influences burn Q with different media?

Does it really matter which software you use to burn? They all just send data to the writer, which uses the internal strategies to make a burn?

Or am I missing something? Will some software handle some media poorly, while another will do well?

Moomin

No, the burning software has no influence on writing quality, because it is simply a graphical interface between the user and the burner.

The real responsible of the disc writing is the firmware :slight_smile:

The only influence that the burning software can have on the burning is regarding the resources required to run that software. If a software is CPU or RAM hungry, and the computer has a low power CPU or a low RAM, then it can happen that during the burn for example the buffer can show a lot of emptying and if the laser must be shut down by buffer underrun protection mechanisms, the burned disc can show more errors than a disc burned with no laser shut downs.

Thanks. So basically, I hunt for a software that supports the features I need, and that has support for my burners buffer underrun techniques (I’m told these are different for various manufacturers, and need proper support from the writing software)?

Moomin

Basically use Nero and or Img burn and you’re set.

I second this motion.

[QUOTE=Moomin;2039357]Thanks. So basically, I hunt for a software that supports the features I need, and that has support for my burners buffer underrun techniques (I’m told these are different for various manufacturers, and need proper support from the writing software)?

Moomin[/QUOTE]

Yes, basically you can use any burning software you like more (user interface, step to step use, etc).

Various manufacturers gives different names to the buffer underrun techniques, but basically all works in the same way.

For what I know, all burning softwares allow to disable it but of course it’s not advisable.

I suggest ImgBurn because it is a very powerful software, it is free, and it is really light and can run in most computers with a very low resources consumption :slight_smile:

Thanks all! I want to get rid of bloatware Nero, for which I already posted in the appropriate forum. All I wanted to know is if other applications burn as reliably as ImgBurn and Nero. Guess I can just pick whatever app suits my needs.

Pity ImgBurn’s user interface for burning file compilation data discs is so very … limited, or else ImgBurn would suit all my needs.

Moomin