Software for testing DVD burn quality

Hello All,

Other than Nero what are some other softwares that people are using to test the quality of their DVD burns? Anything good that one can get cheap or at no cost?

Thanks
Dave P.

Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
DVDInfoPro
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
K-Probe (with Liteons)
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed
Nero CD-DVD Speed

…and none of them will run on NEC ND-3500. :sad: Sorry busterp.

Posted here.

I guess pinto2 checked your post history or read another thread by you to know you have a 3500, and he is right, you cannot scan with the 3500. That doesn’t mean that it is not a good drive. Its kind of an avereage at best reader too (big weak point). It does have a big strong point though. It will burn good on almost any media made and burns good on many, and great on some. Back when it was famous, most drives could not scan (originally only liteons and kprobe could scan, but many drives do it now). Many drives can now scan, and you can get a good burner on newegg for 40$ that can scan and can also add other advantages to burning (recomend benq or liteon for scanning). Don’t discard your 3500 though, for its strong points, it was one of the best burners ever made. I have several burners but I still use my 3500 for most dvd burning, and should it ever fail, I think I might just have to break down and cry…

Thanks for the help all, I really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend. :bigsmile:
Dave P.

While you can’t do quality scans, aka PI/PIF scans with your drive, you can still at least do transfer rate tests and scandiscs with the drive. While they aren’t going to tell much about the overall burn quality, they’ll at least let you know if the disc is fully readable or not.