Software for subtiel/closed caption

vbimport

I hope this is posted in the right place.
I am looking for a program that will enable me to add subtitles or closed captioning to my divx/xvid/dvd movie files before I burn them. I need to start from scratch mostly as the majority I cannot locate subtitles for. I know of a couple of good programs but my problem is that I am severely hearing impaired and I cannot hear the dialogue, which creates an inability to type the dialogue as I listen to it. Is there a program that I can just load the movie file in to and it will create subtitles or closed captions? If not does anyone know of a program similar to subtitle workshop which enables me to just select the start times and end times of each dialogue and the program inserts the text. In subtitle workshop I have to listen to the dialogue and enter the text from the dialogue, which of course I am unable to do. I guess I am looking for anything which will add subtitles/closed captioning without me having to enter the dialogue text. I realize this is probably a tall order but I am hoping somehting is out there. Thanks for any help you can give me.

The only way to get subtitles is to have it ripped and encoded with the xvid/divx files from the original source. Subtitles are available on just about almost every DVD movie that exists. Otherwise you’re out of luck and will have to make your own subtitles.

[google]autogk[/google]