Software for removing extra's but keep the menu's

vbimport

I tried a zillion times to backup Kill Bill with the menu, but without the trailers. I used DVDShrink with DVDRemake but somehow this combination outputs incompatible .IFO/.VOB files. I also tried IfoEdit but it is giving me headaches.

Which software do you suggest I should buy to backup my movies, keep the menu’s, stripping out warnings, and let me choose the extra’s?

Links to good tutorials are also appriciated (I’ve read about hundred already).

BTW. it would be cool to edit/disable some buttons too.

Elby’s CloneDVD will do that for you. You can clone individual titles and keep the menus by checking the ‘Preserve menus’ box.

It won’t let you mess with the menus though, if you don’t select a certain title then selecting it from the menu will do nothing.

I tried CloneDVD (it’s free for 30 days :D), and it works very nice. Output is compatible now. When selecting the extra’s in the menu it plays a blank .VOB file. The only thing is that when starting the DVD it jumps back and forward to the removed parts, it would be nicer to just skip that, but I will try to remove that later with IfoEdit.

The downside of IfoEdit is it’s documentation, there are some tutorials on certain subjects but some basic knowledge of the DVD format would be handy, but it is hard to find. Any links to articles would be great.

BTW, I have Nero and downloaded all the updates to get Recode. The result is a DVD which does’t work, very strange. Maybe a Kill Bill problem.

Originally posted by TheBorg
I tried a zillion times to backup Kill Bill with the menu, but without the trailers. I used DVDShrink with DVDRemake but somehow this combination outputs incompatible .IFO/.VOB files.

Try latest DvdReMake. It has no problems with this movie.