Software for copying audio soundtrack from DVD to CD

I have some music DVD’s which I would like to copy the audio to CD to play on my car or home CD player.
Can anyone suggest some software which will allow copying of the audio portion of DVD to CD (cda). I have only come accross software to copy DVD to mp3 which my CD players do not support. I have also seen converters for mp3 to cda however I dont know in going through several conversions what the sound quality would be like in the end.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Originally posted by chad456

I have some music DVD’s which I would like to copy the audio to CD to play on my car or home CD player.
Can anyone suggest some software which will allow copying of the audio portion of DVD to CD (cda).
[COLOR=blue]FlasKMPEG + ‘capturing a soundtrack’ tutorial
Then the one long file can be devided in pieces using e.g. Nero Wave Editor ( my preference is SoundForge ).

Also [/COLOR] Converting DVD Soundtracks to Audio CD

:smiley:

Thanks BoSkin for your help, will give them a try.
:slight_smile:

Originally posted by chad456

Thanks BoSkin for your help, will give them a try. :slight_smile:
You’re welcome !

Also keep in mind one useful thing, since this part’s missing in the tutorial

• the option to normalize audio before its extraction .

FlaskMPEG > Run > Audio Player and “play” :wink: a little w the following stuff :

After the nolmalization goto : Run > Extract audio to .wav

Don’t hesitate to ask if something remains unclear for you.
Oh, before I forgot. I believe the audio extracting feature is only available in the flaskMPEG XiS 3.0 ( or v.060 )
I didn’t find it in the latest v.078.

Hi BoSkin!

I tried out the steps given in “Converting DVD Soundtracks to Audio CD” and had a problem after running DVD2AVI.

The 2 files i got were FILENAME.d2v and

FILENAME AC3 T01 2_0ch 448Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

The second file is obviously not being recognized by Audacity.

Could you tell me where i am going wrong?

Thanks!

Originally posted by kimayagar

Could you tell me where i am going wrong?

Well, I used to have it done with flaskMPEG.

Lately I’ve switched to more modern, convenient and simple applications mentioned here

Thanks BoSkin---- I went back to FLASK and did manage to get things right. Maybe it was the lack of sleep - i had been up for more than 36 hours without a break!!

Here’s one more - when converting DVDs to VCDs, i decrypted the files and then used FLASK Mpeg 060 - after all the crunching, the video ran faster than the audio.

How can I resolve that?

Originally posted by kimayagar

i had been up for more than 36 hours without a break!!

Here’s one more - when converting DVDs to VCDs, i decrypted the files and then used FLASK Mpeg 060 - after all the crunching, the video ran faster than the audio.

Wow, 36 hrs ! You’re made of iron, man ! :bow:

As for converting to VCD, sorry, I’ve no decent knowledge on that. :wink:

I have used DVD Audio Ripper I think by ImTOO? It records to MP3 but you can set the bitrate and then burn it to cda with still great sound. It will rip well over 350kb mp3.

Originally posted by Wings

I have used DVD Audio Ripper I think by ImTOO?
That’s the name, the one mentioned here > DVD Audio Rippers