Software for burning FLAC files to DVD

Hi :slight_smile: ,

I wanted to ask what software is recommended for burning data (in my case flac files) to DVD-R for storage of my music collection?

I think Burn4Free does support .flac, but are there any other (maybe better) programs who write flac files to DVD?

Has anyone of you have experience in doing this job?

Many thanks!

Frederik :slight_smile:

Hi & welcome, FrederikC :slight_smile:

The way I understand your question, any burning software will do what you want. You just need to burn data discs containing the flac files. Whether they be flac or mp3 or whichever other file type, it doesn’t matter for the data disc. :slight_smile:

OK so i understand all that But does that also apply to flac files to dvds. I have multiple flac movies and im trying to burn them but i dont have a program that burns that file (as far as i know). im unfamiliar with this file type lol. Any help =) ?

@ G1C1267…AFAIK flac is specific to audio compression…I’ve never come across a DVD movie in flac format…How did you acquire these so-called flac flicks?

Same as t0nee1 above I’m curious as to what these movies are ?
Can you play these movie files on your computer ?
Audio track in FLAC is unusual & I’ve never seen one either.
I would try ImgBurn to do the burn .
Build an .iso in build mode then use Write mode to burn it to a DVD.
I don’t know if these movies would play on most standalone players or even most PC players.

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2541378]@ G1C1267…AFAIK flac is specific to audio compression…I’ve never come across a DVD movie in flac format…How did you acquire these so-called flac flicks?[/QUOTE]

Same as well now I am wondering…but I guess G1C1267 will run for the hills since they have yet to give a reply where it came from… :cop:

I too would like to know which DVD burning software ( user friendly ) with the ability to burn FLAC fils onto a DVD. Reason I need to find out is, I download live Widespread Panic shows. Most are FLAC16 which I simply convert to .wav then ‘add files’ into iTunes, and then convert to AAC. However, FLAC24-bit is the highest sound quality to date. I know it can be done, I have several friends who do it, but they just sync the 24-bit shows onto their iPod. That takes up A LOT of room obviously so… I would like to just burn them onto a DVD, not a CD… DVDs contain much more space as well most know.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, etc… will be most appreciated!!!

Welcome to the forum. I know of no standalone players that support FLAC but you can easily burn them as ‘Data’ files using ImgBurn, in build mode.

As far as ‘standalone’ players go, I’m told most DVD players work just fine. If that’s true then all’s good because my TV has a nice sound system. If this is not true, then it’s just a matter of burning ‘data’ onto a blank DVD; hence, a wasted DVD.