Software for Burning Data

vbimport

Hi All,

I’ve been looking around for some software to use for burning some bits and bobs to a CDRW occasionally and also the odd ISO to CDR. My problem is that there’s too much choice!

Can anyone recommend a nice, clean, simple program to do this which won’t interfere with Feurio/EAC. I really don’t need anything with bells and whistles.

Thanks a lot,
Adam

Easy CD Creator, Nero, BurnAtOnce.

Probably more but those should get you started.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at BurnAtOnce.

(I’d heard that Easy CD Creator sometimes caused problems with other programs…)

Adam

Easy CD Creator installs a lot of trash in the system, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
Nero6 is also very big and has many bugs, but it doesn’t usually cause problems with the rest of the system.

If you burn MP3 files, the best support for long files names is found on Prassi/Veritas based programs, like RecordNow, but the interface is not very comfortable.

Nero6 only supports up to 110 chars (more or less) and Nero 5.5 only up to 64.

BurnAtOnce also has a lot of options for long file names, and it’s light fast AND FREE, but I don’t know how to save the compilations (in order to reuse them) and it’s still beta… (I think).
You can install BurnAtOnce without fear.

There are a couple of freeware burner proggies if you click on the “software” tab on the CD Freaks homepage. I have loaded them to try and they have not interfered with other proggies on my system. I have not yet tried them to see how well they work, but they may be all that you need/want as far as data burning.

Good luck,

Thanks for the tips everyone :slight_smile:

Unfortunately BurnAtOnce didn’t work (failed at “power calibration” stage) and since their forum is not open to newbies for 7 days, I’ve given up on that. :sad:

However, looking at download.com I found DeepBurner which seems to do what I want. Unless anyone thinks that thats a bad program, I guess I’ll stick with that :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Adam

Originally posted by adamr
Unfortunately BurnAtOnce didn’t work (failed at “power calibration” stage) and since their forum is not open to newbies for 7 days, I’ve given up on that. :sad:
It does that a lot on my end too, its more of a cdrdao bug. Trying for a 2nd time after the calibration error is successfull 99% of the times though. So no real problem there.

http://www.sateira.com
Pretty simple to use and works fine for me.