Software does not work

vbimport

Hello, I purchased DVDfab premium with mobile option last night, and I’ve downloaded the files from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm .

When I installed the software, it keep crashing as soon as it starts and tells me that I am running an old version, 5.0.0 apparently.
When I downloaded and installed again from the given website from the software, it still crashes and tell me that a new version 5.2.5 is available.

At this point, the software is unusable. I must repeat that the software crashes as soon as it starts.

I’ve tested installation of this software on five platforms : Windows XP, XP x64, Vista home premium, Vista home premium x64, and Vista Ultimate x64.
(I run a WCG farm.)

I must also note that all the PC that I had DVDfab installed was clean installs which had no other software installed.

The software bundle cost me 69.99 and it does not work … I am not happy here.

Other users have reported this issue and I get the impression that it will be solved in the next update, but that doesn’t help you.

You could change this setting in the Windows registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DVDFab\V5\Generic]

“AutoCheckNewVersion”=dword:00000001

and set the value to zero.

Try disconnecting the PCs from the internet before starting DVDFab. If you can get it to start, the automatic checking can be turned off in Common Settings->General until the problem is resolved (click on the green checkmark icon in the upper right, near the window control buttons, then use the sidebar menu to select [B]General[/B]).

I’m having exactly the same problem. The workaround with disconnecting from the internet works but of course it would be very nice to have a solution soon.

You wil have.

Fengtao does not sit on his hands.

I was having the same problem after purchasing 5 (after trying v4). Download from dvdfab itself doesn’t seem to be correct.

Download the trial here, then input your registration key.

http://www.free-codecs.com/DVDFab_download.htm

Hope that helps…

Mike

[quote=dean_k;2065727]Hello, I purchased DVDfab premium with mobile option last night, and I’ve downloaded the files from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm .

When I installed the software, it keep crashing as soon as it starts and tells me that I am running an old version, 5.0.0 apparently.
When I downloaded and installed again from the given website from the software, it still crashes and tell me that a new version 5.2.5 is available.

At this point, the software is unusable. I must repeat that the software crashes as soon as it starts.

I’ve tested installation of this software on five platforms : Windows XP, XP x64, Vista home premium, Vista home premium x64, and Vista Ultimate x64.
(I run a WCG farm.)

I must also note that all the PC that I had DVDfab installed was clean installs which had no other software installed.

The software bundle cost me 69.99 and it does not work … I am not happy here.[/quote]

:a
Me too!!! Someone kindly suggested disconnecting from the internet and starting DVDfab again. That worked.
Interestingly, although I downloaded the program [U]today[/U] and most windows [U]say[/U] that it’s Version 5.2.5; when I opened it without internet connection, one of the windows said - at the top - that it was version 5.0.0!! As the user above, I tried repeatedly to ‘update’ and got nowhere.

Also… I don’t have a CLUE as to how to use the program! I clicked on the “help” button, was sent to the company’s site which said… not very helpfully… that the tutorial was “coming soon”.

Count me as a very unhappy customer so far. Like an idiot I went ahead and paid for the program upfront. I’m going to give Fengtao a chance to resolve all this. But if I don’t even have any information as to how to use the program, what’s the use?
:a:a:a:a

that the tutorial was “coming soon”.

The tutorial is released now.

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

Me too!!! Someone kindly suggested disconnecting from the internet and starting DVDfab again. That worked.
Interestingly, although I downloaded the program [U]today[/U] and most windows [U]say[/U] that it’s Version 5.2.5; when I opened it without internet connection, one of the windows said - at the top - that it was version 5.0.0!! As the user above, I tried repeatedly to ‘update’ and got nowhere.

Also… I don’t have a CLUE as to how to use the program! I clicked on the “help” button, was sent to the company’s site which said… not very helpfully… that the tutorial was “coming soon”.

Count me as a very unhappy customer so far. Like an idiot I went ahead and paid for the program upfront. I’m going to give Fengtao a chance to resolve all this. But if I don’t even have any information as to how to use the program, what’s the use?
:a:a:a:a[/quote]

It would appear that you have downloaded the nonCSS version. You need to download from http://www.dvdfab.com in order to get the correct version and also to see the tutorial as well. http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm is the correct location for downloading the CSS version.

Once you have downloaded the version from dvdfab.com then find a post by StormJumper and follow his excellent “Clean uninstall”. That should fix most of your problems. Once you have the correct version installed and have read over the tutorial then post back any questions that you have.

IMHO this is one (if not) the best ripping programs around and it definately has the best support of any of the others out there.

Dear all,

We are checking the possible problem of new version checking routine. For now, you can disable auto check to avoid the crash problem. Just import DisableAutoCheckNewVersion.reg in attachment to fix it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

DisableAutoCheckNewVersion.zip (319 Bytes)

Hi overlarry,

Please download the CSS version from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=fengtao;2066229]Dear all,

We are checking the possible problem of new version checking routine. For now, you can disable auto check to avoid the crash problem. Just import DisableAutoCheckNewVersion.reg in attachment to fix it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]

I think that I have found part of the problem. 1st I downloaded the noncss version from dvdfab.net. It says that it is version 5.0.2.5 but when installed in is reporting 5.0.0.0 at the top of the DVDFAB screen and the update.ini file is a zero length file.

Larry

[quote=DaGeekster;2066206]It would appear that you have downloaded the nonCSS version. You need to download from http://www.dvdfab.com in order to get the correct version and also to see the tutorial as well. http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm is the correct location for downloading the CSS version.

Once you have downloaded the version from dvdfab.com then find a post by StormJumper and follow his excellent “Clean uninstall”. That should fix most of your problems. Once you have the correct version installed and have read over the tutorial then post back any questions that you have.

IMHO this is one (if not) the best ripping programs around and it definately has the best support of any of the others out there.[/quote]

:doh:
Thanks so much! I think I probably did download the nonCSS version, then proceeded to pay for it. :doh:again.

I’ll delete what I think was the nonCSS version tomorrow when I have some use of my neurons again, follow StormJumper’s instructions (thanks StormJumper!) and see how it goes.
Wish I had more experience with this. Slow learner here. I’ll be studying the tutorial for weeks, looking up some of the terms I’m not familiar with, and probably making a mess for awhile.

Thanks so much! I think I probably did download the nonCSS version, then proceeded to pay for it. :doh:again.

I’ll delete what I think was the nonCSS version tomorrow when I have some use of my neurons again, follow StormJumper’s instructions (thanks StormJumper!) and see how it goes.
Wish I had more experience with this. Slow learner here. I’ll be studying the tutorial for weeks, looking up some of the terms I’m not familiar with, and probably making a mess for awhile.[/QUOTE]
A big welcome to CD FREAKS overlarry. Don’t worry you will be insane like the rest of us in no time…LOL

I am also having the same problem, I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work. I am also not very happy, this version should have been tested before release, now I have a product I purchased and it DOES NOT WORK. How long will the fix take.?

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2066973]I am also having the same problem, I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work. I am also not very happy, this version should have been tested before release, now I have a product I purchased and it DOES NOT WORK. How long will the fix take.?[/QUOTE]

Funny I have this version on 2 computer Vista 32bit and XP Pro and don’t have any problems at all,so does alot of other members.
So the program does work,lot of problems have to do with system configurationand/or hardware inside the system.
One member kept get read errors and could not get DMA working for months come to find out it was because his firmware to his DVD drive was out dated

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2066973]I am also having the same problem, I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work. I am also not very happy, this version should have been tested before release, now I have a product I purchased and it DOES NOT WORK. How long will the fix take.?[/QUOTE]

As long as it take for you to fix your computer.

[QUOTE=6lumbar;2066973]I am also having the same problem, I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work. I am also not very happy, this version should have been tested before release, now I have a product I purchased and it DOES NOT WORK. How long will the fix take.?[/QUOTE]If you specify a little bit more about your issue, I’m sure we can help you fix the problem. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2067037]If you specify a little bit more about your issue, I’m sure we can help you fix the problem. :)[/QUOTE]
Hi Gummi and SJ,
6lumbar actually has his own thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dadfab-5-problem-245793/,
Apparently, he has elected not to respond to the suggestions made there.
Did he attempt what was suggested?
Who knows?

Does the statement,
“I have tried most all the fix ideas on here and they didn’t work”,
speak to the advice given?
Again, who knows?
We are left only with vague complaints in various other threads where there is no continuity or reference to his “original” thread.

[quote=dean_k;2065727]Hello, I purchased DVDfab premium with mobile option last night, and I’ve downloaded the files from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm .

(I run a WCG farm.)

The software bundle cost me 69.99 and it does not work … I am not happy here.[/quote]
Did you use the free trial? Did it work then? Have you followed these instructions?
[B]Installation[/B]

Before you install, please make sure that you are logged on as Administrator or as a user with Administrator privileges. The installation wizard will guide you through the process.
[B]How to Update[/B]

If you have installed the old version of software, you can easily update it by installing the most recent version over the older one. Doing this will retain your registration information.
[B]About the evaluation period[/B]

All of our software is distributed as shareware. You can install and try them for 30 days. During this evaluation period, the software is fully functional. To continue using the software after the 30-day evaluation period, you should pay a registration fee.