Soft Surface DVD--What is it?

vbimport

Hi All,

On another forum a poster refered to a “soft surface” dvd. I think it was an inkjet printable dvd, but I’m not sure. Does anyone know what this is? I’m just getting into the inkjet printing on dvd’s and I want to make sure I get the best possible media. I like Taiyo Yuden, I’ve had good results so far with the silver laquer, but want to get away from the labels on the finished dvd’s (can labels really be a big problem?). What’s the difference between silver printable & white printable? :confused:

Thanks
Dave P.

yep, lables can stop a dvd from working all together, either use a pen, or use prinntable dvds :wink:

I only use white printable. I suspect the only difference between white and silver is one gives your printing a white background and the other a silver one :wink:

I have only used one brand of white printable DVDs but I think some may be more absorbant than others. I say that because the Epson printer I use warns that it can take up to 24 hours for the ink to dry! Its the same ink it uses for printing on paper, of course, so the only reason I could see for long dry times is that some DVDs don’t let the ink soak into them like paper will to speed up the drying. BTW, the printable DVDs I use seem to dry as fast as regular paper.