So

vbimport

dvd2one came out first with this great app,but since then 2 other apps have been released, IC and a new one called Dvd95Copy.

now the latter of these 2 has been out for less than a week and they are already upgrading their release with a option to do episodic dvd’s with equal amounts given to each episode.

it seems he is a 1 man band aswell so why is it he can do all this in a week,and dvd2one cant do anything except change thier security in a month?

speed is not everything,and its only 1/2 as slow as dvd2one, 1hr instead of 25-30mins.

so…

Ouch

:a Double OUCH

but to be fair he does have a good point !!! :bow:

What’s image quality like? Any image artifacts through the movie?

Here is a link to an image quality comparison. I also purchased this program and I have to say it’s pretty impressive. It’s got some quirks but the author seems to be cranking out fixes. He is up to version 1.2.1 already I believe.

Oh yea, he also added a new registration key deal and provided all his customers with new keys since the release of 1.0.

What can i say, if the only change you saw was the security you might want to look again :slight_smile:

We improved a lot of things under the surface, and we are working on a new version right now. As stated in the FAQ everything will come in time.

let me nuance this a bit.

We believe in more internal testing then just releasing a version and then see what will happen. Maybe our competitors are faster with releasing the new version.
But as i recall it, 1.01 was released within several days after the initial 1.0.

Please tell me, what do you expect we release a new version every 2 days and hoping it will work. Or we release it every now and then and know it will work?

And before you start bitching that i’am not being friendly to you, why would i? Are you friendly to us?

i am certainly not bitchin, i am asking what is going on.

heres a quote from your site:

“A lot has happened the last few weeks. Unfortunately also some unpleasant things, that took a lot of time to fix.Therefor I did not really have much time for development.”

to me that says he was more worried about warez then his paying customers.

As to what you have said above,how can you test something with a few people and know what you release will be 100% compatible with everyone systems is beyond me?

i dont want to talk about the other company here so i wont after this,but atleast they are involving their customers in the testing of the program. In doing so, they (the customer) feel like they havent been left out in the cold.

oh and you think i am un-friendly and you reply to people like this:

“what do you expect every 5 minutes an update or something like that?”

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65636

no but maybe once a month would be nice.

Hi,

by the way…
I think the images mentioned above for comparing original DVD and Dvd95Copy are a fake. They are absolutely identical. byte by byte… (for image data)

Keep on doing your good job ReneB and Erwin.

best regards,
dvbc

Originally posted by fattypack
[B]i am certainly not bitchin, i am asking what is going on.

heres a quote from your site:

“A lot has happened the last few weeks. Unfortunately also some unpleasant things, that took a lot of time to fix.Therefor I did not really have much time for development.”

to me that says he was more worried about warez then his paying customers.

To me it says we had a lot of problems with continues DOS-attacks.

As to what you have said above,how can you test something with a few people and know what you release will be 100% compatible with everyone systems is beyond me?

Because before every release with test with a lot of test discs of which we are sure they are problematic like :

Das Boot (one gigantic long movie)
Starwars PM (angles)
Matrix/T2 UC (seamless branching)
Several Episode DISCS (twin peaks, BoB)

And that on about 12 different stand alones ranging from AA-brands (like Lynn) to Scott via Pioneer/Sony/Philips

Ofcourse there will be problems after we release it, but we like to filter out problems before we release it (hey we are NOT microsoft you know :wink: )

And for an update once a month, well we are on schedule then it seems :slight_smile:

(released 1.0 in January, update 1.0x in February,next update somewhere in March)

Well, I am a beta tester of DVD95COPY. Since DVD95COPY was release last week, the developer has been making adjustments and bug fixes of his program. I had test 3 versions, helping the author solve this bugs. If he had take the same attitude of the DVD2one team he really would be a loser!!! In this type of appication there are many variants that may make the application succeed or crash (diferent computers, OS, hardware configuration, sources of DVD’s, etc.) So the only way to solve all this bugs is with the help of the users.
At this moment a lot of people, when using DVD2one, have “the encryption problem”. What had done the team to solve this problem? They had been crying like babies trying to work with their security… We, your customers, expect MORE. So don’t blame us if we ask what’s going one. Remember, we are the people that support your program…

Milkman

well thx for the reply rene,its a pity i had to start a post like this to get some info out of you.

Because before every release with test with a lot of test discs of which we are sure they are problematic like :

Das Boot (one gigantic long movie)
Starwars PM (angles)
Matrix/T2 UC (seamless branching)
Several Episode DISCS (twin peaks, BoB)

And that on about 12 different stand alones ranging from AA-brands (like Lynn) to Scott via Pioneer/Sony/Philips

i am not asking for a “upgrade” every month,i am asking for a “written” update as to what the current progress is with the upgrades.

i dont know maybe i am asking to much.

Please give the guys a little time for solving the problems.

I just love the program. I have had NO problem at all with the program.

Keep on doing your good job ReneB and Erwin

Br from
pettsen

Originally posted by Milkman
[B]Well, I am a beta tester of DVD95COPY. Since DVD95COPY was release last week, the developer has been making adjustments and bug fixes of his program. I had test 3 versions, helping the author solve this bugs. If he had take the same attitude of the DVD2one team he really would be a loser!!! In this type of appication there are many variants that may make the application succeed or crash (diferent computers, OS, hardware configuration, sources of DVD’s, etc.) So the only way to solve all this bugs is with the help of the users.
At this moment a lot of people, when using DVD2one, have “the encryption problem”. What had done the team to solve this problem? They had been crying like babies trying to work with their security… We, your customers, expect MORE. So don’t blame us if we ask what’s going one. Remember, we are the people that support your program…

Milkman [/B]

“Yes that’s a nice pear said the grocer to the apple…”

In other words, the ENCRYPTION thing came AFTER the protection upgrade we made. If you try to flame us, please get your facts straight before calling us loosers.

And i’am not blaiming anybody. All i said was please be patient new things will come in time and not when you demand it!.
That’s a big difference in additude!

Come on guys be a little patient

This proggie is the first in the world, to do what it does, at lightening speed.
It is simple, easy to use and very reasonably priced.

Be realistic, if you want to compare it with other stuff. If you want BAD, look a t M$.
If we had all paid £300 for a similar package, it still wouldn’t be “perfect” first time and M$ and other large companies wouldn’t have a Forum like this one. They would hide behind 3 layers of beurocracy and claim that their product was perfect.

I understand that everyone wants more from something as good as this, but hey “come on” for the price, this is a great piece of code as it is.
I am sure it will get better, just give Erwin some time to weave his magic :wink:

Funny…

I have tried the demo version of both programs and ONLY DVD2One recognizes the rip that DVD Encrypter did. For some reason, DVD95Copy keeps giving me a message "Cannot open VIDEO_TS.inf file or the like…every time. Then DVD95 Copy only worked three times before it said the 30 day trial was expired…Not so sure I will ever purchase that one…am definately thinking of going with DVD2One…it worked the first time…with NO issues at all.

P4-2 GHZ
Asus P4T-E with 384 MB RDRAM
Sony DRU-500A
Samsung SM-348B
WD 120 GB JB HDD

Bob

@bobmitch:

For some reason, DVD95Copy keeps giving me a message "Cannot open VIDEO_TS.inf file or the like…every time…
Inside the VIDEO_TS folder you need to have ALL the DVD files (not the movie files only)…

Milkman

1. Are you supposed to rip the entire DVD in File mode?

2. Even, so…doesn’t solve the problem that the DVD95copy gives you the message that your 30 trial period is expired, after you have used the program 3 times…and only had it one day. I am suspect of the quality with that.

Hmmm

Thanks

Bob

Went to the DVD95 copy forum where they tell you to delete it in the registry and re-try…doesn’t work

Don’t let them get to you Rene! I didn’t know about DVD2ONE a week ago, but if you have been releasing solid performing updates on a monthly basis, I can’t see what people are getting so upset about.

Actually, mine is a compliment to Rene’. I credit the fact that his demo WORKS! That says something to me about his program. I am hoping that at some point, he also adds the ability to keep the menu and choose whether or not to keep additional features in addition to the movie. Either way…I am coming to the decision that DVD2One is for me.

Thanks

Bob

Let me say this,Rene and others,continue to take your time and do it right. Please don’t be swayed by guys who apply pressure only to serve their own needs,only to bitch and moan about about how you should have waited and tested before you released version XXXX. Your product has taken a lot of stress off of the DVD backup process. Like I said before,even if you take 6 months to a year to release the next version,NO one can claim the leaps and bounds you made with a 94kb application. Take your time…:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: