So which of the two burners are better, the Asus 5224a or the Liteon 52246s?

So which of the two burners are better, the Asus 5224a or the Liteon 52246s? I am using blindwrite and amd processor, win 2k pro. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Ice

that question is asked many times

but i still go for the Asus CRW5224A, it just rocks

btw
check this thread.

Thanks for the advice dude. I bought the Asus burner and it works great. Was able to make multiple copies of the games like MOHAA and Battlefield 1942. They work great. Thanks again for the advice.
Ice

NP :slight_smile:

good choise in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

Ice, were you able to play BF1942 after getting the patches, since the patches add safedisc 2.8?

If you made a good copy then it should work with the latest patches. :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

but the problem is that the patches add new files that check the cd to make sure it is legit or a burned copy. Least, that’s the problems my friends have been having problems with the latest plextor and blindwrite. Cuz apparently, the new files added are ones that can’t be messed with or edited by a user or something like that.

Well, I made a copy of BF1942 with my Lite-On and Alcohol and I was able to update the game to the latest patch and play with my backup.

You mentioned a Plextor… They make very nice drives, but not for correct EFM-Encoding of regular bit-patterns (2-sheep).

~Hitman4life

Originally posted by Hitman4life
[B]Well, I made a copy of BF1942 with my Lite-On and Alcohol and I was able to update the game to the latest patch and play with my backup.

You mentioned a Plextor… They make very nice drives, but not for correct EFM-Encoding of regular bit-patterns (2-sheep).

~Hitman4life [/B]

the sheep rating of plextor drives varies for each model and even unit.
i had an plexwriter 40/12/40S wich could do SD 2.8 without any help of emulation. have the same drive on my work and that drive dont even do SD 2.51 correctly without help of emulation.

so buy 100 plexies test them all, find out wich work and return the other 99 :bigsmile:

Is the Liteon 52246s the same as the Liteon 52 Rx24 RWx52 Read CD burner? And does Alcohol 120% cost anything, or is it a free download? Thanks for the help guys:)

Alcohol is not free…but there is a free trial availible to download at Alcohol’s official website . :slight_smile:

~Hitman4life

Ok, I am getting the Liteon 52246S burner and going to download the Alcohol free trial, just for future reference, what settings/options am I going to need to set/check/uncheck to make sure its a clean, good burn? (Let’s just say I dont need any more coasters;) )

The Lite-On would be an excellent choice, Andy. :slight_smile:

If you get the drive, all you need to do to create a good backup of any Safedisc 2 game in Alcohol is to use the Safedisc 2 datatype to create your image and also to burn with it.

To be on the safe side, you may want to burn at a slow speed (like 4-8x), and make sure that you use fairly good media.

The only setting you need to change before you burn is to uncheck the “Bypass EFM Error” box in the data-type settings of Alcohol for the Safedisc 2 datatype.

Below is an image of where to change the setting…

Just uncheck the box and click OK. :slight_smile:

Good luck backing up, and enjoy the Lite-On! :smiley:

~Hitman4life

Ok, I ordered the Liteon and will be downloading the Alcohol software when I get the drive. I usually Use Digital Research CDR, they tend to be better IMO for burning games as opposed to Memorex or Imation. Don’t know why, just do :slight_smile:
I can’t wait to see my friends face when he sees that I create a working copy of BF1942 on a CDR that will run with the latest patches:)

When burning games, I usually burn between 4-12x anyway because of that fact. :slight_smile: My friends are still scratching their heads on why this method will work, and theirs didn’t…

Hey Hitman, what would you suggest about multiplayer and the whole CD Key thing, won’t that become a problem?

If you have the original game you don’t need to worry, because you key will work fine for multiplayer.