So where's CloneDVD 2?

Cebit is here, so where’s the final release? I hope it’s not too delayed. Wasn’t it supposed to be release before Cebit 2004?

Oh well, it’s such a great product!

Why not look here :

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html

:wink: :wink:

Originally posted by bopper12
[B]Why not look here :

http://www.elby.ch/en/products/clone_dvd/index.html

:wink: :wink: [/B]
:cool: :bow:

final version looks great…

I hope there will be an option to choose the language you want to view in next revisions…

Good job Elby team

Hi quirky9,
what do you mean?

Originally posted by quirky9
I hope there will be an option to choose the language you want to view in next revisions…

I mean that CloneDVD choose automaticly the interface language from the translated files…
but i prefere english and not my native language in such programms…
Anyway i delete my language file from the folder and now it’s ok

Anyway i delete my language file from the folder and now it’s ok
This is the 1st thing I usually do.

There is a command line switch to select the language.

For example calling “clonedvd.exe -l ja” will start the user interface in Japanese. So appending “-l en” to the end of ‘Target’ entry in your CloneDVD2 Desktop Shortcut will do the trick.

> I hope there will be an option to choose the language you want to view in next revisions…

noted…

Originally posted by armin

For example calling “clonedvd.exe -l ja” will start the user interface in Japanese. So appending “-l en” to the end of ‘Target’ entry in your CloneDVD2 Desktop Shortcut will do the trick.

CloneDVD 2 Command Line Options

> I hope there will be an option to choose the language you want to view in next revisions…

noted… [/B]

:slight_smile:

Ok, BoSkin and armin, you are too fast…!
:bow:

Regards,

ET

I mean that CloneDVD choose automaticly the interface language from the translated files

Originally posted by eltranquil

Ok, BoSkin and armin, you are too fast…!
This is how it always should be in the modern world.

So how are the results?

Originally posted by tazdevl
So how are the results?

tazdevl,

It seems like CloneDVD is analyzing “on the fly” just like the original CloneDVD, unlike the initial release of the sneak preview, which did a full analysis step FIRST before transcoding. This seemed to give similar or better results than DVD Shrink, but the released version doesn’t do the full analyis first, and the quality seems less than DVDShrink 3.17 on the DVD I tested with both CloneDVD 2.0.4.1 and DVDShrink 3.17.

My best advice would be to test it for yourself…your mileage may vary…

Originally posted by FordMan
[B]tazdevl,

It seems like CloneDVD is analyzing “on the fly” just like the original CloneDVD, unlike the initial release of the sneak preview, which did a full analysis step FIRST before transcoding. This seemed to give similar or better results than DVD Shrink, but the released version doesn’t do the full analyis first, and the quality seems less than DVDShrink 3.17 on the DVD I tested with both CloneDVD 2.0.4.1 and DVDShrink 3.17.

My best advice would be to test it for yourself…your mileage may vary… [/B]

Thanks for the scoop. I shall.

Might be worth it for you to compare the two against the latest version of Nero Recode as well.

Hi Fordman, I didn’t make any quality test between the various version yet, but I am a bit confused.

Armin, who is member of CloneDVD team, told you the following in this post :

Originally posted by Armin
[B]
Hi FordMan,

we never implemented a deep analysis in any of the CloneDVD versions.[/B]

So, what is the truth? :confused:

Regards,

ET

Originally posted by FordMan

It seems like CloneDVD is analyzing “on the fly” just like the original CloneDVD, unlike the initial release of the sneak preview, which did a full analysis step FIRST before transcoding.