So what program to use?

OK I have just spent the last hr looking through all of this and it’s driving me nuts!!!

There is SOOOOOOO much in here to read and learn it is VERY overwhelming.

So my question is which program do I use to burn DVD’s? I see so many different ones in here and have no idea what one.

First time user trying this.

Are you asking about ripping to your hard drive or burning to a blank Dvd?

Will, I have a dvd burner in my Pc and want to copy Jamming to the tunes which I bought for my wife. See uses them so much.

I want to make a back up copy for her to a blank dvd.

Ripping?

[quote=Bulldog187th;2224579]OK I have just spent the last hr looking through all of this and it’s driving me nuts!!!

There is SOOOOOOO much in here to read and learn it is VERY overwhelming.

So my question is which program do I use to burn DVD’s? I see so many different ones in here and have no idea what one.

First time user trying this.

Well the response will very depending on what the member uses :slight_smile:
I myself have many programs in my toolbox :bigsmile:
Most apps have a trial so you can test them :iagree: however you may find DVDFab has several products to choose from which you may find the Platinum version has many great features you may find that will come in handy :wink:

OK thanks I’ll take a look into that one :slight_smile:

You rip the Dvd you want to back up to your hard drive. As long as this is an Audio/Video Dvd, this is one option. In Dvd Shrink, one of the programs mentioned, you can keep it as Full Disc & click Backup. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Posts #77 & #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

WOW Beef, Nice job.

Ok , what happens when using say Dvd shrink and it cant copy because of a protection thing?

Oh one more thing, Imgburn or Nero? Which is better?

Thanks

Rip to the hard drive with DVDFab HD Decrypter as files, then compress with DVDShrink. That’s the way to work with newer movies that have more advanced protection.

I prefer ImgBurn personally.

Ok , what happens when using say Dvd shrink and it cant copy because of a protection thing?

Use DVDFab…

Oh one more thing, Imgburn or Nero? Which is better?

That’s a trick question, right? IMGBurn, of course! [B]IMO[/B]
But, to each their own!:cool:

So why rip with DVDFAB and compress with DVD SHRINK? It would seem to take more time.

So now the next question is , How do you find and open the ripped file and DVD SHRINK to compress?

Does DVD SHRINK not rip?

And I take it that IMGBURN is better than Nero. ok cool.

Srry so many things popping into my head on this. lol

If you are just using the free section of DVDFab, AND you run into a movie with advanced protection schemes, you rip the movie to the hard drive with DVDFab HD Decrypter and compress with Shrink (hit Open Files). If you have the full edition of DVDFab, you don’t need Shrink.

Shrink will decrypt/rip ONLY those movies that have simple CSS protection.

Dvd Shrink does exactly what it’s name suggests. If necessary it will shrink a Dvd down so that it will fit on a single layer blank Dvd as opposed to doing a 1 to 1 copy & burning it on to a Dual Layer blank Dvd. Dvd Shrink does not need to come into play on 1 to 1 copies, just rip to the hard drive & burn with ImgBurn. Unless you tell it otherwise DvdFab has a default folder, On the start screen look at the top 2 boxes, top one Source & the other one Target, that one tells you the path of the default folder.

oh ok. That makes sense now. Thank you .

I’ll give that a try. :slight_smile: