So much info- confused about neverwinter nights

vbimport

Sorry people for this post but there is so much info on making a back-up copy of neverwinter nights with a lite-on burner it has got to the point where it is confusing. Man i got a headache reading all the various posts on it and my burner- now I am really confused.

So could someone give me a simple walkthrough in laymans terms on which profile/settings/sofware program to use.

I have windows XP, Lite-on 40125S burner (Not upgraded), LTD163D DVD.

From what I read, I can use the default profiles for ‘lite-on securom new’ it will make a 1:1 back-up of the original on CloneCD is this correct??

Also read a post about a 24 hour firmware download was available from lite-on to fix the lite-on read problems with securom does anyone have a copy of it and does it affect me??

Also read another post something about 'BWA". how do you incorporate these patches with a copy of the data from a game etc and do I need to do that and how is this done??

Sorry for the questions as I am new to burner CDS.

Regards All

back-up the game with the securom profile
when istalled aply the latest patch for NWI. due serious problems with verification of the cd (even originals) the cd scan is removed from the game. so no protection anymore :smiley:

From what I read, I can use the default profiles for ‘lite-on securom new’ it will make a 1:1 back-up of the original on CloneCD is this correct??

Yes. Read with your dvd though. It’s a better sub-code reader than your writer. In fact, if you use your dvd as the reader, you can just use the Game CD profile.

Also read a post about a 24 hour firmware download was available from lite-on to fix the lite-on read problems with securom does anyone have a copy of it and does it affect me??

That was an April fool’s day joke, hehe. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also read another post something about 'BWA". how do you incorporate these patches with a copy of the data from a game etc and do I need to do that and how is this done??

You don’t need it for Neverwinter Nights.

Thanks for your replies in this philamber and maelstrom you have both been a great help.