So many LITEON iHBS112 variations?

vbimport

I am looking at buying a Blu-Ray burner and am leaning towards the LITEON iHBS112, but there seems to be many variations of this model.

Does anyone know what the differences are - some I’ve seen are:
iHBS112-32
iHBS112-37
iHBS112-115

The 112-37 is able to do quality scans with the programme OptiDriveControl, the 112-115 might be not, as far as I know.
I assume, You will not get an iHBS112-37 any more, even if it is offered by the seller.

[QUOTE=katraine;2640964]The 112-37 is able to do quality scans with the programme OptiDriveControl, the 112-115 might be not, as far as I know.
I assume, You will not get an iHBS112-37 any more, even if it is offered by the seller.[/QUOTE]

You can use any of the 2nd generation drives with ODC, but you have to use a little trick:

1. Start the “Disc Quality Scan” process
  2. Wait until the “Spin Up Drive” phase reaches 100%
  3. Once the “Spin Up Drive” phase has reached 100%, click on “Speed” and select any speed. That should start the scanning process.

Regarding the different models, nowadays unless a retailer still has some ancient stock (which is doubtful), all of them should be 2nd generation drives (made after July 2011). They are all identical, the differences will be in terms of packaging, bundled software, bare vs boxed, etc … unless you’re interested to buy one which comes with bundled software, just buy the cheapest you can get and you’re in business … if they’re half decent, the retailer’s site should spell out if the drive will come bundled with software or completely bare …

Hi cvs
Unfortunately I cannot test with Sony BWU-500S 2.63. This is the second edition of Sony BWU-500S. The first one was the one with firmware starting with 1. For example 1.66 is the last firmware for that version. This 2.63 version has bus encryption. Anyway … I cannot scan with it, even with that little trick. And I think that this Sony BWU-500S 2.63 is also one LiteON. I have one error message after waiting 100% of spinning and changing the read scan speed.
I have my drive in AHCI mode and before of that it was in RAID mode and the behaviour was the same.
Maybe I have some software that interfere with OptiDriveControl, but I have Nero 10, ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 and VirtualCloneDrive installed.
In all this time I can easy scan with LiteON iHES208 8L0C

Hi,

About the different versions, which is the best one?
My shop offers the liteon ihbs 112-04, 112-37 and 112-115.
Is the problem on LTH burning is resolved with the last one (115 version) ?

Thanks