So many DVD Taiyo Yuden options -- which to buy?

I need to buy some more DVD media and wanted to pick the collective experts’ brain. I have a Pioneer DVR-115D (1.22) and been using the TYG02 DVD-R 8X white inkjet discs and haven’t been that impressed. (It sounds like the inkjet variant is my first mistake)

I’m think of trying the DVD+R 8X TY silver lacquer ones a try. When I checked out an online store (blankmedia_ca) it gave me quite a few options:

• DVD+R 16X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER THERMAL LACQUER (100 PCS)
    DVD+R 16X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER INKJET PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER LACQUER (100 PCS)
    DVD+R 8X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN GLOSSY WHITE INKJET - WATERSHIELD (10 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN GLOSSY WHITE INKJET - WATERSHIELD (50 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN HARD COAT WHITE INKJET HUB (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN HARD COAT WHITE THERMAL HUB (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER LACQUER (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER THERMAL HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE EVEREST HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 16X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER INKJET PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN SILVER LACQUER (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN VALUE LINE SILVER LACQUER (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN VALUE LINE WHITE INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 pcs)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE HUB THERMAL PRINTABLE (100 PCS)
    DVD-R 8X TAIYO YUDEN WHITE INKJET HUB PRINTABLE (100 PCS)

Any other ideas out there? Any thoughts on the hard coat options? I have 2 fussy players that haven’t always liked the TYG02’s I threw at it and one’s even a Pioneer DV-45A (the other’s a Samsung DVD/VCR combo unit). I really don’t care about speed – I’m more interested in the archival and possibly scratch resistant nature of the disc.

How I got here and other problems along the way:
I had a Liteon drive that was doing well and all of a sudden I was getting coasters – that’s how I found this site. I started educating myself on how to troubleshoot and sure enough I found out I was getting terrible burns. I then tried media (TYG02’s) and that didn’t work. I then ended up building a new computer and got the DVR-115D. All the standard checks seemed okay except for the Liteon quality scans but the drive was suspicious anyways. Since then I’m not too sure how great the quality has been. I’ve seen some discs seemingly degrade over time and just general qualitative evidence that I’m not getting the best burns. Any other ideas here may help me out as well. I’ve done the standard scans my Pioneer will allow for but I’m tempted to get a drive that can do some more in-depth quality analysis just to be sure. Thoughts?

I’ve been using imgburn for my burns as well.

I’d go for one of the 8x DVD+R as fist choice, perhaps one of the Inkjet printable variants. This media (YUDEN000 T02) should have the best/widest compatibility of all the Taiyo Yuden media.

Hard Coat is nice, but the 16x DVD-R (TYG03) media is not as widely compatible with burners or with picky DVD players as the 8x DVD+R (YUDEN000 T02).