So is BW4.2.1 still the best for securerom?

After reading all these posts about the newer versions of BW, it seems that everyone keeps going back to 4.2.1 if they are using a Lite-On or Plextor burner for secure rom.

But doesn’t only the new version back up safe disk 2.8+???

What do you guys think is the best version if using Lite-ons and Plexys?

Personally, I’m sticking with BW 4.2.1 for SecuROM and CloneCD images burned with FireBurner for SD2.8 until 4.1.0.2 arrives

I don’t seem to have a copy of the full 421 setp… would I be able to find it out there…
newer versions just dont do secureRom on my liteon…:confused:

I uploaded here for you guys. I had a hell of a time finding it somewhere else to download it from. I wish they had previous versions to download on their website except only the newest version.

http://users.rcn.com/thejackal/blindwrite 4.2.1 full.zip

Well I finally went out and bought UT2003. Any suggestions on how to back up cd1 with the following roms:

Toshiba DVD-ROM
Toshiba CD-ROM
Plextor 24x12x32A Burner
Lite-On 32123S Burner

I was planning using the BWA file here but I might try to use TwinPeaks since it might help my toshiba cd roms

thankyou very much…for the previous version

Originally posted by jackal2001
[B]Well I finally went out and bought UT2003. Any suggestions on how to back up cd1 with the following roms:

Toshiba DVD-ROM
Toshiba CD-ROM
Plextor 24x12x32A Burner
Lite-On 32123S Burner[/B]
Read and write with the Plex

this version 4.2.1 my lite-on 48125w knocked out the BWA file at 4x no problems at all.

I am trying 4.2.1 with my plextor right now to see if I can read the burned copy in my toshibas.
I am using RWs due to all the coasters that I would have made.

Do we need to check amply week sectors during the burn with BW?

I tried using my lite-on but when trying to read from my toshibas they came up with read errors.

It failed by coming up with an error upon putting the copy in my toshiba drives right away.
Plextor didn’t work at all.

Originally posted by jackal2001
Do we need to check amply week sectors during the burn with BW?
No = SafeDisc 2

I agree… I will add link to the previous version … at least the last full international one.

but because we also changed of server, I didn’t find time to reorganize or to finalize the localized setup too.

Ok here it is for me.
I dont understand the comment that the secureRom New prob is based on my lite-on Hardware.
If the hardware was at fault for being to good at reading sectors and the bwa was not possible why does it owkr perfectly on version 4.2.1.11?(http://users.rcn.com/thejackal/blindwrite 4.2.1 full.zip) Any other version seems to fail… is it the bwa exe or the chagne in the pcoffin.sys??? will test later…

I created a bwa at 4X (read and write BTW) on my lite-on burner with the above version and It worked flawless ; installs and Plays in under 2 seconds on three diff readers.
My second ? is on the sticky for BWA DL’s I compares FP’s and my BWA. His has a couple of Deep depressions in the cure. Is this cpu error? Min have a perfect curve with minor peaks platues, but no major dips. Does this mean mine is a closer match? if it is I will email it to someone for comparsion. I created my in just under 15 minutes at 4x.
Here is the Event Log of my burn, I read SUBs and burned with DAO PW at 4x.

----- Image verification started -----
HD image is OK
Sector: Bad headers 0 - Bad Edc 0 - Weak 0 - Status 1
File systems: Volumes 2 - files 1272 - folders 70
Volume size 651186 boot 0 Vol ID UT2003_CD1 - 9/19/2002 8:36:00 PM Status 1
----- Image verification ended -----
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 8 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.2.1.26
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
CAUTION : Using local data for CD writer.
Cd Unit report started at 11/22/2002 9:18:07 PM

VendorID : "LITE-ON "
UnitId : "LTR-48125W "
FwID : “VS08”
FwDate : “”
Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000016
Speeds : 48/48/12/16
Bsize : 2048
Flags : 00010

end of CD Unit report
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Unit 1:0:0 - LITE-ON LTR-48125W VS08 [F]
HD image “UT2003_CD1.BWT”
Writing mode : DAO PW
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
3215 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 328808
Sectors built: 150
CD is complete

what readers will it install and play from?
you said you tested 3 readers, which are???

My lite on 163D DVDrom drive, some generic compaq CRD-8402B and an older sony crX40e or something… already pulled it and gave it back to friend.

For me I will stick with this version but test others until they fix ti again.

damn, now it look like i will have to buy a liteon dvd drive or some other brand. i wish they would get the issue with the toshibas fixed. these are great drives

Originally posted by lapinou
I agree… I will add link to the previous version … at least the last full international one. But because we also changed of server, I didn’t find time to reorganize or to finalize the localized setup too.
lapinou, thanks for all of your help. I’ve been reinstalling all the BW versions I have (t check some things)

and my 4.2.3.?? is corrupt. The bwa builder in the 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 versions does not work with my 24102B or 40125S and I wanted to try the 4.2.3 again …any chance of putting links to all of the public 4.2.x.xx versions :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Also, as I installed some ‘newer’ releases, there were older files being copied?! Should we keep or overwrite?

Originally posted by FutureProof
The bwa builder in the 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 versions does not work with my 24102B or 40125S

That is odd, I had no problems with the BWA builder with my LTR-40125S [ZS0N], haven’t tried it with ZS0P yet.