So I backed up a dvd

vbimport

But it was 7.59 GIGS what the heeeeellll? How did they fit that onto a dvd?

How do I reburn this on to my dvd r+?

I used img burn to create the iso btw, should I of used another program to back it up?

You have to use a Dual layer dvd. They can hold up to 8.5 gb.

Its a dual layer dvd, they hold 7.95GB. You can ether A. Burn the image to a dual layer dvd+r or B. you can use one of many methods and programs to compress the dvd down to fit on a single layer dvd. Before compressing though ripping out unwanted trailers, extras and foreign audio tracks would be a good idea.

Option b is if this is a movie, you never actually said.

Most commercial dvds are dual layer and so are considerably larger than the 4.3 gb you can fit onto a single layer dvdr.

You made the ISO with ImgBurn? This dvd was not encrypted then? Most commercially made movies are encrypted to prevent copying, and ImgBurn cannot break encryption by itself.

You can use DVDShrink to reduce the size to fit onto a regular dvdr. You can find it here
There are guides to using it here at the Copy Movie forum, and a few other sites, like www.mrbass.org

To open the ISO directly with Shrink, hit Control I, which will open a window to let you browse to the ISO file.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2183142]
Option b is if this is a movie, you never actually said.[/QUOTE]

your right I should of said, yes it is a movie :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2183143
This dvd was not encrypted then?
guess not

You can use DVDShrink to reduce the size to fit onto a regular dvdr. You can find it here
There are guides to using it here at the Copy Movie forum, and a few other sites, like www.mrbass.org

To open the ISO directly with Shrink, hit Control I, which will open a window to let you browse to the ISO file.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help kerry, i am following your advice thanks, i downloaded the dvd shrink and now its encodeing everything, estimated time 2hrs 51mins, great ¬_¬ im not sure but the encoding process also makes it shrinkable so it fits onto a regular dvd-r right?

DVDShrink should not take anywhere near that amount of time to reduce the size of your movie.

Is this a commercially made movie? If so, you need to break encryption on it first. Use the free section of DVDFab, called DVDFab HD Decrypter and put the movie onto the hard drive as files. Then reduce the size with DVDShrink. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

kerry: on the encoding thing it says that it isnt encrypted

Ok. There are some, very rare instances of non-encrypted commercially made movies. I have found two myself over the last 5 and a half years.

Shrink normally takes about 20 minutes or so for a main movie backup. If you use the Deep Analysis option (and you should with such a large amount of compression using Shrink), it might take 45 minutes doing a whole movie.

Thanks kerry, how do i do the deep compression?

Open the dvd files with Shrink, then click on Backup. This gives you a window with several tabs. Click on the tab that says Quality Settings, then put a check mark in the box that says Perform deep analysis… and in the box for Quallty Enhancements.

sorry for the late reply but yea it worked :smiley:

I some how did it with dvd fab, I choose the customize option it automatically did everything for me. And the quality wasnt bad either :slight_smile:

Oh what a feeling! Isn’t it great, the sense of accomplishment!:clap::clap: