So how about that 3500a?

liteon sucks. i had 4 of them, they all sucked so why the hell did i keep on buying them??

anyways i bought a beautiful shiny 2500a a couple months ago and wow! what a dream. all those unused g04’s that i was ready to dump in the trash after witnessing the horrific results that my liteons had produced… i couldnt believe how important selecting a burner would be. and all those perfect ricoh’s that i burned at 8x for 43 cents a piece… wow. i couldnt do kprobe scans anymore now with my liteon gone but what for?? they all worked perfect.

now im moving away for college in a few days and my dad especially will miss all those great movies that i burned for him so i was thinking of leaving my precious 2500a here at home with my family to enjoy and purchasing myself a nice new 3500a. that is of course if it promises to be as efficient as my 2500a.

so tell me… have the rest of you had as much success with your 3500a’s as i have had with my 2500a? i heard somwhere it can burn 8x ricoh media at 16x. is this true and how are the results? flawless or mixed? it takes me about 9:37 or so to burn a movie at 8x with nero. what is the average time at 16x? is it really worth the extra money since most of the time is wasted processing and encoding the film? please let me hear your ideas!

See this thread for info:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=107360

Yo-

Got my 3500 yesterday am - took out my 2500 and installed the 3500 - did a couple of burns and IMMEDIATLY got back on www.newegg.com and bought a second (@ $77 + $4 shipping) to replace my 2510 in my “movie” machine-

The burn quality is notably superior to the 2500 - even on doncheapo 4x BeAll’s!!

Go for it - you won’t be sorry!!

Happy Burnin’

Mike

thanks for the tip mike. i will probably end up doing that! what part of the bay area are you from?

Yo mia20-

Half Moon Bay-

You?

Happy Burnin’

Mike

I was thinking of getting a 3500a as my first DVD burner, but mainly for data backup. My question is…I like RW’s, and wonder if I should use - or +?

Also, is there a place where I can get a 5 pack of -rw’s to test? I mean a local place like Fry’s, or any of the Office Stores?

Thank you all,
Dave

If you are thinking of goin For RW data backup get a 2500 and save some money. The 2500, 2510, and 3500 all re write at 4X max. So you won’t gain any speed advantage with a 3500.

Or you can wait and see if RW 8X is coming soon.

Any body have any rumor on this?

Yo-

You can get 5 packs at most office supply stores and computer stores - usually packaged with jewel cases and hella expensive per each - if you are doing the 3500 you should be ok with either + or -

When ya’ figure it out - try some Tayio Yudens from www.rima.com - they are the Premium media-

I just got the 3500 from www.newegg.com for $77 + $4 shipping and replaced my 2500 and the next one is going to replace my 2510 - why - 'cause the 3500 gives a better burn and at that price point why not get the 3500(?)-

Happy Burnin’

Mike

Mike do you own stock in rima.com? Maye you could put the link in your signature…

Yo-

No - just a consumer who appreciates good prices and service and passes it on to others (and try and help by giving the site)

Happy Burnin’

Mike

big mike, today i live in antioch, tomorrow im moving to santa cruz for college

Yo mea20-

Hope you love the coast as much as we do-

Happy Burnin’

Mike

Thanks all: I guess I figured I may as well get the 3500 at this point as it will do it all for only a little bit more.

Will check the media link to see if there is a small starter pack I can try.

That should take a while, no rumours yet. Remember that it took ages until 24x and 32x CD-RWs hit the market, and that’s still considerably slower than the maximum speed (52x) of CD-Rs. 8x might be the maximum speed we can expect for rewriteable DVD media. Double layer DVDs (inverse stack production method) and the upcoming blue ray technology should keep the R&D departments busy for a while.

Yo-

No - just a consumer who appreciates good prices and service and passes it on to others (and try and help by giving the site)

Happy Burnin’

Mike

I was just teasin Mike :wink: