Snow White and Fantasia clone problem with DVDFab 8.1.2.0

vbimport

Hi Everyone - I am new here and I am kindly requesting some insight on how to clone my Snow White and Fantasia DVDs.

When I let DVD Fab run as normal, I can not clone either of the DVDs properly.

I’ve been successful with my other disney move titles, but not these 2, and was hoping if someone could give me some insight on what I can do, to clone them successfully.

Thanks for stopping by and any help will only be appreciated. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=movieman79;2605213]Hi Everyone - I am new here and I am kindly requesting some insight on how to clone my Snow White and Fantasia DVDs.

When I let DVD Fab run as normal, I can not clone either of the DVDs properly.

I’ve been successful with my other disney move titles, but not these 2, and was hoping if someone could give me some insight on what I can do, to clone them successfully.

Thanks for stopping by and any help will only be appreciated. :-)[/QUOTE]

Hi movieman79

Welcome to the forum :smiley:

What are the release date for these DVDs ? also is “Pathplayer” set to always enabled ? and are we talking standard DVDs or Blu-ray ? and are you using the paid version or free version ?

Sorry for the delay in response time.

Hi StormJumper - It is a pleasure to be here and I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

First of all, there is no need to say sorry for any delay. I appreciate you taking some time to help me.

To quickly answer your questions, the release dates on these DVDs are 2009, Pathplayer is enabled and that does not work. But when I disable it, I get DVD Fab to start cloning, but it seems to crash every time (3 mins into copying the DVD – same for both DVDs)

And also, I am referring to standard DVDs.

Hope this helps.

Since those have been around for a while it means they have been handled, I’m not sure but going by the titles I will assume they’ve been handle by youngsters, so you may want to try cleaning them if you have not tried that yet.

There is a good guide below if you care to read it.

Hi StormJumper - sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I appreciate your help.

I did clean the discs before cloning, but still had no success.

In fact, I am experiencing the same with the Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian. The cloning does not start, and DVD Fab does not crash like it did with Fantasia and Snow White.

Can I tweak the settings in DVD Fab a little to get it to copy any of these 3 DVDs?

Thanks as always.

Also - I forgot to mention earlier, but for Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian, I was referring to the regular DVD, 2008 release.

Have you tried to copy these with the DVD Copy feature instead of the Clone feature.
I would give it a try with full disc DVD9 for the quality setting .
I would try first with Enable PathPlayer when necessary .

My question is how scratched are these discs ?

Snow White and Fantasia

Okay, I will try the DVD Copy feature.

I am at work right now, but will try later tonight. Also, I believe PathPlayer is enabled in the default settings.

As for the 2 disney movies, they have a few minor scratches, but nothing major. Not sure why I could not get the program to work at all.

I prefer cloning over copying, but I guess I will have to reconsider for these movies…unless something is wrong with my DVDs?

A “horizontal” circular scratch is the worst kind.

There is a software to try but I need to ask before posting it here in the DVDFab subforum.
I also don’t know if it works with DVDFab Passkey because a decrypter would be necessary to use it
It is also a bit complicated at first. It however is designed to work with scratced DVD’s.

[QUOTE=movieman79;2605500]Also - I forgot to mention earlier, but for Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian, I was referring to the regular DVD, 2008 release.[/QUOTE]

On some older movie titles especially 2008 and older, pathplayer seems to have issues with and requires pathplayer to be set as “Disabled”.

However if they have scratches most likely that is whats causing the read errors.