Snow buddies took 1.5 hours to back up?

vbimport

iam using dvd fab 4.0.6.0 and tried to back up snow buddies,it did it but very slow it took 1.5 hours to do it and normaly it only takes 20 min to do a movie…anyone have this happen to them?

Did you have to compress the movie to fit on a Single layer DVD?

yes but i always compress and never that long…

Sounds like you are in the PIO mode instead of the DMA mode, under settings, general, try clicking the Reset DMA

Just as a double check, go to device manager and find your burner and double click on it it’ll tell you which mode you are in. As Jim said, you don’t want to be in PIO mode ok. Just another way to double check. ~ Mike

Snow Buddies backed up uneventfully well for me…

[QUOTE=astone2665;1996135]Just as a double check, go to device manager and find your burner and double click on it it’ll tell you which mode you are in. As Jim said, you don’t want to be in PIO mode ok. Just another way to double check. ~ Mike[/QUOTE]

ok thanks how do i get into device manager?

First click start in the corner. Then click on control panel. When that opens,double click the system icon. Double click on the hardware tab at the top of that page. You’ll see a box that says device manager, click on that. Double click on DVD/CD-Roms and fine your burner. double click on that and it’ll tell you if your burner is in PIO or DMA mode ok. ~ Mike