SN-S082D driver issue?

vbimport

So I have been using a Samsung SN-S802D DVD burner for about a year now in my Averatec 2100 laptop (replaced a bad toshiba one with it).

Today, randomly, without cause that I can determine, the drive disappeared from My Computer. I checked out the Device Manager, and under Driver it says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

I googled around for drivers but came up dry, all I find is firmware, and I have the newest firmware anyway.

I tried deleting the drive and letting Windows reinstall it, but the error re-appears. I also tried letting Windows search for a driver, didn’t find one.

Why would this appear suddenly? Is the drive dead? Can someone please post the drivers?

Code 39 eh?

Go here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 and follow the instructions to delete your upper and lower filters.

If you’re wary about messing with the registry manually, there’s a Guided Help that you can download to help you through the process.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Woohoo! That did it. Thanks!

Small caveat; my registry had no UpperFilters, just a LowerFilters, so I was only able to delete that. It solved the problem and the drive re-appeared immediately after a reboot!

You’re welcome, happy burning! :slight_smile: