Smartburn problems

Not able to read the ATIP of late. Can anybody give me any pointers on where to start from?

Running Windows 2000 w/SP3
Running latest Adaptec ASPI Drivers(link to screenshot )
Liteon 40X/12X/48X CD-RW DRIVE LTR-40125S running the latest firmware
Liteon DVD 16x LTD-163D

My guess is that the latest ASPI drivers is causing the problem. What’s your take guys?

Raj

If you are using CloneCD, turn off Hide CDR Media in the tray icon. :wink:

hmm…strangely I do not have CloneCd installed:confused:

CloneCD was an educated guess as it sometimes causes this problem. The Hide CDR Media option prevents the ATIP from being read by a burner.

Your screenshot doesn’t work.

Of course, ATIP can only be read by burners, not DVD-ROM’s.

What ASPI version is installed. Have you run the ASPI Check program to verify that it is installed and working properly?

hmm…funny, the link is working for me . here try it again :

http://rajkanneganti.hypermart.net/aspiscreenshot.gif

anyways, i downloaded that file and ran an aspi check and it said that my layer was not properly installed!:frowning: . but then the aspicheck of the latest adaptec(site release) said that it was ok…neways it doesn’t matter now…all that matters is that my liteon should work perfectlly…which ASPI release do you think I should install?

Looking forward to your reply, Inertia…

Thanks

darn…i guess it is something else…i downloaded frcASPI17 from the same site, deleted my aspi layer, restarted,installed the aspi layer, and restarted again.

Aspi check says : 4.60 (1021) version installed for all the 4 files and everything is installed properly.

Now I try to see if Smart Burn works…but NOOOOOOOOOOO…it still doesn’t work…

any other pointers?

btw, my firmware is ZS0P

My firewall was blocking the image. I got it this time.

The newest ASPI 4.71.2 has been reported to cause problems with some applications.

The older v4.60 (1021) seems to be more reliable altogether with non-Adaptec products. I recommend using ForceASPI which will install 4.60.

Go to the same link I provided and download ForceASPI. Unzip (extract) ForceASPI, read the Index.htm file carefully, and run the program. ForceASPI will repair and properly install the v4.60 (1021) ASPI layer.

Reboot, run ASPI Check again, and if correctly installed, try the ATIP information again and let us know if it works.

nope inertia…still doesn’t work…check my previous post

Sorry, you posted while I was working on my previous post.

What version of the Smart-Burn program are you using. The first version was v1.0, but the current version is SMART-BURN Media Check Program v2.0.

If you are not using this version, download and try it.

Also, try using a different media. Sometimes media can’t be identified properly.

Check this out :

Smart Burn: unknown media

Alcohol might cause getting into a mess ( in many senses ! ) :bigsmile:

ah ha…boskin, i do have alcohol 120% installed in my system…i’ll check that thread and post my findings…

inertia, the smartburn i’m using is v2.1

yes it was alcohol 120% which was fvcking around:( :frowning: …i uninstalled it and it worked perfectly…but now I’m in a real problem…i’ve got addicted to alcohol:a and want it in my system!!!..i guess i’ll have to live without smartburn till the development team of alcohol fixes this naggin bug

BoSkin, Inertia…thanks guys for all your help and effort…

Inertia, how about adding this to the Liteon FAQ?
Just a suggestion

Cheers

You’re very welcome, rajkanneganti :slight_smile:

BoSkin deserves the credit. Good one. :wink:

I agree that this would be a good warning addition to the Lite-on FAQ, but it requires a moderator to put it there.

Originally posted by Inertia

You’re very welcome, rajkanneganti :slight_smile:

BoSkin deserves the credit. Good one. :wink:

I agree that this would be a good warning addition to the Lite-on FAQ, but it requires a moderator to put it there.

Well, first of all, AFAIK you have gotten such a proposal from the management
and I guess it’s up to you now whether you’d be the one who’s joining the gang
and thus solving some of your- their oppositions between the parties ( you do know I mean here )
or the one who’s still struggling alone ( as a lone wolf ) for the rights of the “lost and confused” ones.

I don’t think I deserved the credit - that was just another suggestion.
Besides, it wouldn’t have attracted my humble attention if I hadn’t seen your nick here -
I keep my eye on you (whispers you know what I mean :bigsmile: )

:wink:

Inertia, BoSkin

I think there is a solution to the problem. Disabling/Unchecking Ignore media type under emulation in the properties of Alcohol did the trick. Now smartburn is back up and working normally. I’m not sure if this is correct or not coz. now I’m on WinXPSP1. My earlier findings were on Win2KSP3. What do you think guys?

EDIT> I remember doing this on Win2KSP3 too. But it didn’t work. Had to remove alcohol to make it work. Strange that disabling ignore media type is working in XP…the plot thickens!

Raj

I had the same issue…see my post farther down in the forum. I disabled the VDEVAX SCSI Controller in Device Manager and after a reboot (I didn’t bother trying before), the ATIPs came back. This is the Alcohol virtual CD driver btw.

–Ari

Originally posted by rajkanneganti

[B]Inertia, BoSkin

Disabling/Unchecking Ignore media type under emulation in the properties of Alcohol did the trick. Now smartburn is back up and working normally.
Raj [/B]
Raj,

yes, I’ve already learnt that stuff.

As for Inertia, he’s “outta town” and probably will be back next year.

Regards :smiley: