Smartburn Media Check

vbimport

Anyone have the following file listed on Liteon Utility Downloads page ? The Link is down (and 32x version too). I emailed Liteon a week ago re dead links but you get quicker response by mailing my cat !

SMART-BURN Media Check Program for 40X CD-RW

Filename SBMC40.zip
Size 436KB
Date 2002/4/18
Description: For 40X CD-RW Drive, SMART-BURN may limit CD-R burning speed base on the information that check the media info & quality. You can use this program to know what media you are using & what speed limit is set by SMART-BURN.

I don't know if it is useful - probably crap !

But if you have the 40x version SBMC40.ZIP pls email it to me at

stevebaines@ntlworld.com

Thanks chaps

I guess I will either get 0 or 1000 emails !

Probably 0 emails.

I’m searching for the file too.

the SMART-BURN Media Check Program for 40X CD-RW can be downloaded here

h**p://www.liteonit.com.tw/zip/SBMC40.zip

and

the SMART-BURN Media Check Program for 32X CD-RW can be downloaded here

h**p://www.liteonit.com.tw/zip/SBMC32.zip

any probs email me and will send by email

Very nice program. I recommend it for all lite-on users since it will tell you what speed the disc will work at and also dye type, disc length and manufacturer!!!

Just as good as CD-R identifier is and maybe? more up to date on newer media.!!

Liteon have fixed the links - the links given by Snakke are the same ones that were previously down.

I guess the email to Liteon worked eventually ! Good job coz my cat didn’t answer yet !

I just tried the prog and it looks very useful.
When you click on the Smartburn Logo it gives this:

Released Date : 2002/4/16
Revision : V1.0
Drive Models : for 40X CD-RW
LTR-40125S : all firmwares (latest update: ZS0C)
LTR-40125W : all firmwares (latest update: WS02)

Remark:
Since LITE-ON 32/40/48X CD-RW drive, Buffer Underrun Protection Feature is always activated. The new feature of SMART-BURN is to check CD-R/RW media quality and set burning speed limit base on this. The burning speed will be limited by the “SMART-BURN Speed Limit” shown on PC screen.

The identificated SMART-BURN Speed is matched with updated LITE-ON 40X CD-RW drives, LITE-ON will keep on update the version just for more media identified.

*** NOTE ***

It says 40125S latest F/W = ZS0C - yet ZS0A is newest on Liteon site. WS02 is not on Liteon site - probably base level shipped with 40125W drive ?

I have read of ZS0D here I think - is that the P-CAV & Mt Rainier version OC ?

Yes that is P-CAV and mt rainier

In dual OS: Windows Me and Xp Pro

Me::smiley: Work fine

Xp::frowning: No Work

ATIP Lead-in = Unknown
   Norminal Capacity = Unknown

Disc Manufacturer maybe = Unknown
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = Unknown

Liteon LTR-32123S (XS0U)

Any Idea…:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gaisconsmet
[B]In dual OS: Windows Me and Xp Pro

Me::smiley: Work fine

Xp::frowning: No Work

ATIP Lead-in = Unknown
   Norminal Capacity = Unknown

Disc Manufacturer maybe = Unknown
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = Unknown

Liteon LTR-32123S (XS0U)

Any Idea…:rolleyes: [/B]

i beleave this to be cause by the CloneCD’s (4.0.0.1) tray icon.
if u have this loaded in win XP u will need to stop it loading when windows starts and restart the computer and then it should work.

i had same problem, and once i stopped it form loading it seemed to work fine

Cool program.

I have no problems with it under XP.

Seems more accurate than cdridentifier.
I tried it on an assortment of discs and it has been right on the money so far.

But this still bugs me I have at least 200 of these Fujifilm TY’s
they used to burn at 32X on my 32123S but since the latest firmware XS0U they are stuck at 16X

Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden,P
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 16X

Is there a way around this?

There is a way around this but only with CD-Mate writing program.

File–>properties–>speed–>Disable smartburn.

Then all media will write at 32X.

But I don’t recommend that you write Taiyo Yuden with P DYE at more than 16X anyway. I’ve had several problems myself at speeds higher than 20X with these discs. They are simply not designed for these high speeds.

This tool is sometimes giving me confusing results. It could be because of my (ancient) burner, a LTR 12101B, or what?
Perhaps it has problems with “older” discs? (I have a stock of 12 and 16X discs, I do not need discs certified for higher speeds) :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I posted my results from Lite-on`s tool, CDR ID and Feurio here: http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95856

(Feels a bit unnecessary to post that long list here too? Posting the link instead)

Feurio will tell you what speed SMART-BURN forces as well.

All my Fujifilm T.Y.'s are Tuned-X, whatever that means. (32x permitted, though they seem to work better at their 24x rated speed…)

Originally posted by godzilla525
[B]Feurio will tell you what speed SMART-BURN forces as well.

All my Fujifilm T.Y.'s are Tuned-X, whatever that means. (32x permitted, though they seem to work better at their 24x rated speed…) [/B]

Work better how? I am using the same Fuji, and I am burning @ 32x with no problems at all, and I do bin checks on the files, and also surface scan. All have 0 errors.

Thanks Snakke and OC-Freak

Xp: now is working fine.

Anybody,

How disable Smart-Burn in Nero 5.5.8.2 in LTR-32123S(XS0U)… ?

a.- Patch mmc.dll. (How ?)
b.- Other. (xxx??? )

The discs are probably OK, but my Creative DVD 8400E gives a lot of yellow sectors sometimes whereas my Lite-On 32x will be all green. Of course the disc could be a dud–I have a few marginal TYs here (Memorex) that have somehow made it through QC.

I just did another scan of that suspect disc in my DVD drive after cleaning the pickup lens, and now the 32x zone is clean, but the 24x zone is full of yellow. :confused:

All my Fujis are OK, but the fact that the 32x zone doesn’t have the same deep contrast as the other zones worries me.

How disable Smart-Burn in Nero 5.5.8.2 in LTR-32123S(XS0U)… ?

a.- Patch mmc.dll. (How ?)

Fire up Nero, go to Recorder/Choose Recorder/Options. Disable Smart-Burn.

Try this. Make a copy of mmc.dll… Edit mmc.dll with any hex editor. Search for string LTR-32123S & replace with a bogus model number. Search for LTR-40125S & replace with LTR-32123S. Now repeat the above procedure…

I’ve tried using the Smart Media Check with my 32103s (XS0U)but every disc I insert is providing no info at all.

The discs I’ve tried so far are:

Intenso CDR 700mb (silvers)
LiteOn CDRW 650mb
Cyberdrive CDRW 680mb
Pine CDRW 650mb
Ricoh CDRW 650mb

Everything is coming up with Unkown.

The program was downloaded from the LiteOn site, but it said that it worked with the 32103s with firmware after??? XS0U.

Doh!! I am doing something stupid again???

chrome
:frowning:

It should work. Do you have the latest ASPI layer installed?

Or is hide CD-R media checked in the CloneCD tray icon?

OC-Freak, the program works fine now that Clone 4 has been removed from my machine.

Regarding the latest Aspi Layer, I’m still using 4.60 (Force Aspi), should I upgrade to 4.70 ???

chrome :slight_smile: