SmartBurn 3.1.5

Lite-ON has released version 3.1.5 of their SmartBurn Media Identification Tool, read the news here.

This version brings much improved handling of DVD-ROM discs. Before, 3.1.3 would try to display the manufacturer of DVD-ROM’s, and when cheching a DVD-ROM disc in my LTC-48161H, my system would lock up completely. This bug has been squashed, and the program displays some extra useful information, like the number of layers for the disc, and the actual Manufacturer ID instead of just the hex code. It also no longer displays a write speed for a DVD-ROM disc.

I haven’t been able to get any version of SmartBurn after 3.1.1 to work; every newer version pops up an error that says “No Drive Detected”, and it fails to load. Anyone else have this problem?

The only thing that I can think to blame is if you don’t have ASPI 4.60 installed properly, or aren’t on a system which supports SPTI (Windows 2000/XP).

Hm, nope, and nope. ASPI 4.60 installed and fully operational, and I’m running XP Pro; SPTI works fine in DVDDecrypter.

The CD/DVD drives in question are an LTR-52327S and an LTD-163. Hmm.

Do you have any writer ?
SmartBurn only supports writers.

Karr,welcome back :slight_smile: ! I hope all is well?

Originally posted by Karr
Do you have any writer ?
SmartBurn only supports writers.

Originally posted by ants
The CD/DVD drives in question are an LTR-52327S and an LTD-163. Hmm.

:slight_smile:

there are aspi files newer than 4.60 any reason to stick to the older one ?

Originally posted by lagger
there are aspi files newer than 4.60 any reason to stick to the older one ?

Yes, the results that I’ve seen over the years speak for themselves.

I’ve never know the difference between 4.6 and newer version, could u explain it a little bit? thanks.

I see Karr is back ! :bigsmile: Can we get an update on the situation with LiteOn, Karr, and K-Probe? Has LiteOn seen the “error” of its ways yet?

--- DeathStalker77