Smartburn 2.1 error

everytime I start SB 2.1 after removing my lite-on 32123s and replacing it with a memorex 48x24x48 flashed to a lite-on 52246s 08 firmware I get a “mode sense” error… I click on the ok dialog 2 or 3 times (it re-popsup) and the proggy works then … any clues here ?? I used mtkflash 1.55 to OC the memorex drive fwiw and I have the latest adaptec aspi installed… everyother SW I use (clonecd, nero BS etc) works fine

Do you have a virtual drive installed??

nope sure don’t… perhaps it is picking up my asus cdrom ??

smartburn utility does not work for the newer version 6 meditek drives…

you’ll have to just put in a cd and open nero and smartburn will tell u max speed available

I believe the smartburn util is only for 48x/12/x48x 48125W and 48125S and below burners

Originally posted by goofydave
[B]smartburn utility does not work for the newer version 6 meditek drives…

you’ll have to just put in a cd and open nero and smartburn will tell u max speed available

I believe the smartburn util is only for 48x/12/x48x 48125W and 48125S and below burners [/B]

Smarburn works fine with my 52246S.

It is probably the aspi driver you installed. I believe some people have had problems by doing just that. Nero relies on its own aspi driver.

my aspi is adaptec 4.71.2, the weird part is it DOES actually work but only after giving me the mode sense error a couple of times… I removed the cdrw and the cdrom in device mngr and rebooted but it’s still there … the error that is

smartburn utility does not work for the newer version 6 meditek drives…

Wrong.

Smartburn utility will not run if any other applications are open that access the drive. (like Nero or InCD)
Here, it’s working with Nero ASPI and Adaptic 4.60 as well. If you have CloneCD or any others, be sure you do not have “hide media” enabled in those app.

aint we talking about the smartburn 2.1 utility? not the built in smartburn for programs…

i know smartburn works under nero and programs… but the utility i could not get to work under 48246S or 52246S

Smart Burn 2.1 utility runs fine with my LTR 52246s and the latest CloneCD (Hide CD-R disabled).

I’ve got Adaptec 4.71 ASPI installed. The version they had available that didn’t need an Adaptec card installed. It’s much easier to install than playing with ForceASPI.

Originally posted by goofydave
[B]aint we talking about the smartburn 2.1 utility? not the built in smartburn for programs…

i know smartburn works under nero and programs… but the utility i could not get to work under 48246S or 52246S [/B]

yeah it is the utility I am asking about and as I said after a few clicks on the OK dialog for the error it starts and works ok

never found the answer to the mode sense errors and as it works after a bit anyway wasn’t too concerned … new wrinkle though … I installed alcohol 120%, latest trial version and it disables smartburn entirely even if it is not open or actively running … uninstalling alcohol allows smart burn to work again

uninstalling alcohol allows smart burn to work

Go to the emulation settings in Alcohol and uncheck the “ignore media” option. This is what allows some game copies to run fron a CDR/RW disc, but it also disables all the ATIP readers.

Thanx for the tip makes sense :slight_smile: