SmartBlu BD-Rs on Sale at MediaMegaMall

MediaMegaMall has a sale on FTI SmartBlu BD-Rs through 5/31. 10-40 cents off each 25gb disc, and $1.54 off each 50 gb disc. Plus you can get an additional 5% off your order (applies to all Blu-ray media) by using the code 5OFFBLU at checkout. These burn extremely well, on a par with Verbatim BD-Rs.

Thanks for the heads-up on the sale :bow:

That’s just crazy cheap for that kind of quality. Remember scanning my first burn with these a few months ago and feeling like I had paid for an old beater and drove off the car lot in a new Hummer :). With their 50+ year accelerated aging results, they appear to be built like a tank too :bigsmile:. They are also capable of surviving a shirttail fingerprint removal(yeah, I know that’s no way to treat a disc :o) without a hint of a scratch.

Is it just me or do BD-R media show fingerprints, dirt & scratches much more than DVD_Rs/CD’Rs?

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2590490]Is it just me or do BD-R media show fingerprints, dirt & scratches much more than DVD_Rs/CD’Rs?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not just you :).

I’ve found they all seem to pick up fingerprints easier. I have found a big difference in how scratch resistant they are though. Sony 6X BD-R SL’s will scratch if you look at them wrong. So I did feel compelled to test Falcon’s mega scratch-resistant claims. I’m not exaggerating when I say that you can literally wipe fingerprints off them by rubbing them on your pants(I’m talkin jeans) without scratching them :eek:. Comes in handy as my main set-top player HATES fingerprints :).

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2590498]Nope, not just you :).

I’ve found they all seem to pick up fingerprints easier. I have found a big difference in how scratch resistant they are though. Sony 6X BD-R SL’s will scratch if you look at them wrong. So I did feel compelled to test Falcon’s mega scratch-resistant claims. I’m not exaggerating when I say that you can literally wipe fingerprints off them by rubbing them on your pants(I’m talkin jeans) without scratching them :eek:. Comes in handy as my main set-top player HATES fingerprints :).[/QUOTE]

Possibly the dark brown/blackish substrate dye they are using for bd-r’s these days that reflect the surface layer more. Really wish the bd-r companies would ramp up production. The DVD’s days would be numbered then. The CD-R can finally retire by making a 4.7gb that writes 400 minutes(about 200 in flac) of CDDA music files instead of 60-90.The super-audio disc format can be replaced by FLAC as manufacturers were never serious about cutting prices on the technology to make it worthy for mass consumption. Flac is more cheaply acquireable than SACD. We can have backwards compatability for another 9 years… by that time (cd-r will be approaching 40 years), if you didn’t get your data off a cd-r… too bad. You’ll have to look for some old drives, and hardware relegated to museum pieces.

$11.50 for shipping + $4.95 “small order fee under $50” makes this a no go for me. Kind of outrageous add-on fees.