Smart Buy DVD RAM Disks Type1

vbimport

Could someone point me in the right direction. I have bought a Panasonic SW-9576_C. I Have bought a load of smart buy disks 5.2gb from Bigpockets.com. I have tried to write to the disks using Nero 8. All I get is disk needs erasing but it cannot be erased. Nero just will not give me any idea where I am wrong:sad:

@ KevM1202,

Welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately identifying the Media in question as “Smart Buy Disks 5.2gb From Bigpockets.Com” doesn’t definitively identify the actual Media in question.

Media is accurately identified by using the Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) (For Example: MXL13 or RITEM02). The Media MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) can be obtained by using a software utility program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com).

Quite frankly Panasonic/Matshita/Matsushita Drives are not noted for their performance and/or owner satisfaction. There are numerous other IDE DVD Burners available on the market that are far superior to the SW-9576-C.

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=KevM1202;2077737]Could someone point me in the right direction. I have bought a Panasonic SW-9576_C. I Have bought a load of smart buy disks 5.2gb from Bigpockets.com. I have tried to write to the disks using Nero 8. All I get is disk needs erasing but it cannot be erased. Nero just will not give me any idea where I am wrong:sad:[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately as far as I know there is now way how to use old 2,6/5,2GB DVD-RAM media on newer DVD-RAM drives. However, you can buy some Type 1 compatible drives from ebay:
Panasonic LF-D311 DVD RAM
MATSUSHITA LF-D311
Matsushita LF-D211A
MATSUSHITA G4 DVD-RAM

[QUOTE=bjkg;2077765]Quite frankly Panasonic/Matshita/Matsushita Drives are not noted for their performance and/or owner satisfaction. There are numerous other IDE DVD Burners available on the market that are far [/QUOTE]
Matsushita slim laptop drives are crap, but their full-height drives are very good :iagree:

"Have bought a load of smart buy [B]disks 5.2gb[/B] from Bigpockets.com"
do you buy exactly that you think?..
for 5.2gb dvd-ram you may try Toshiba SD-W2002…
smart buy dont have 5.2 dvd-ram…4.7 only…