Smart Burn on Liteon Drives

Is there a way to turn off smart burn on Liteon drives? I have a 40125S drive and it keeps trying to use my 24x imations at 12x…F that…I want it to burn at 40 and damn the torpedos!

Dan

[Edit] I should note that I’m using Adaptec EZ CD Creator 5.3.1.154 SP4 on my:

AMD Athlon XP 2100
Abit KX7-333
512MB Crucial PC2700 DDR
16X Liteon DVD
40125S Liteon CDRW
120 GB IBM Drive (7200 GXP 120)
SB Audigy

Machine.
[End edit]

Yes there is.
However if Smart Burn says your cd are ok just for 12x,get out and buys some others cds…like Tdk by Tayo Yuden,24x is burnable at 40x with SB active a 32x reach 48x.
Remember LiteOn doesn’t like CMC,Philips (by CMC as some Verbatim Crystal 24x or Ritek).

To disable SB:In Nero menu burner,Choose Burner,Options,uncheck Smart Burn.

If you’ll get a very bad disc,full of c1/c2 and most cd-roms aren’t able to read it,don’t ask why.

Bye

never used ez creator; but if u download nero, or also cd mate, u can turn off smart-burn option on your lite-on drive, and make cd recordings at your own velocity settings.
at your risk, cause some discs don’t record well at those velocities.

Not using Nero, EZ CD Creator Platinum…
And I use Philips 40x just fine…
Hmm…Maybe I’ll contact Roxio…

Originally posted by transdogmifier
Not using Nero, EZ CD Creator Platinum…
And I use Philips 40x just fine…
Hmm…Maybe I’ll contact Roxio…

By the way, the discs that had the 12x issue were Imation 24x Discs…:Z

I have the same 40125S drive and it will burn as fast as Safeburn will let it. I have seen it allow 24x on 16x media with both Roxio and Nero. The problem is with Safeburn in the drive firmware detecting your media. The newer firmware versions can identify more media. It’s also possible that your 24X is just repackaged 12X media and Safeburn is picking it up.

I recommend getting a copy of Nero because you can manually disable Safeburn and set a higher speed and it has good testing functions. You can do a cd quality check on the finished CD to find the best speed to burn error free at higher speeds.