Smart Burn, jitter scanning, iHAP422

I have a couple questions related to Smart Burn and jitter scanning.

First, I downloaded Smart Burn from the Lite-On site. I saved it then opened it with WinRAR. I see that there are boxes to check/activate the available settings, HT/OHT/etc. My questions is, does the iHAP422 already have those active prior to me downloading Smart Burn or do I have to check the boxes to activate them? Also, do I have to open Smart Burn every time I plan to burn, or, do the settings remain?

Second, I would like to enable jitter scanning on the iHAP422. What do I have to do to get the iHAP422 to jitter scan?

Just thought of this, too. How do I know what speed to scan a dvd or cd in Nero CD-DVD Speed under the Disc Quality tab? Do I just leave it at max or is there a “rule of thumb” to follow to select the speed?

Thanks for the help!!!

The Smartburn is on by default, and the FHT/OHT/OS are off by default, and only activated by using the utility.

8x is the accepted scanning speed for the iHAS/iHAP series.

For jitter scanning in the iHAS/iHAP you will need this modified version of CDDVDSpeed:

[I]http://upload.cdfreaks.com/liteon/tools/CDSpeed-iHAS-47716.rar [/I]

[quote=Hercules1;2211052]Second, I would like to enable jitter scanning on the iHAP422. What do I have to do to get the iHAP422 to jitter scan?[/quote] For now you’ll need to get the modified version of CDSpeed 4.7.7.16.

In future versions of CDSpeed the iHAP/iHAS drives should be able to scan for jitter with no modification to the program.

EDIT: Too slow in replying and [B]jubjubird[/B] beat me to it. :wink:

Thanks for the link. I tried that link yesterday and kept getting a WinRAR diagnositic message about the file being currupt. I just tried it again with the same results when I choose to “save” the file. I just tried it again, but selected “open” instead and I was able to extract the file from WinRAR and it appears to work now.

If I turn on FHT/OHT/OS, do they stay on, or do I have to set that for every burn?

Thanks for the help!

[quote=Hercules1;2211242]If I turn on FHT/OHT/OS, do they stay on, or do I have to set that for every burn?[/quote] Those settings stay until next time you change them.

Thank you!

Hi,

I have purchased Lite-on ATAPI iHAP422 8 VL17 (ATA) drive recently. Downloaded the patched version of DiscSpeed posted here but still no data showing up under Jitter.

Anything else i can try?

I was wrong. This versin works for jitter scanning on iHAP422. I just never waited long enough for it, it does jitter scan last.

Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL - burned at 2.4x
iHAP422 8 VL17 - stock firmware/settings

Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL - burned at 4x
iHAP422 8 VL17 - stock firmware/ OverSpeed settings ON

I am new at this but believe its a better burn at 4x according to second screenshot. Am I correct?

Thanks.

^Yes, a much better burn at 4x. PIE’s much lower.

Thank you for looking at the graphs and replying.

I learn so much on this site!

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2284004]^Yes, a much better burn at 4x. PIE’s much lower.[/QUOTE]