Smar-burn

I upgraded my drive and it works fine the only thing that i noticed is that nero does not say smart burn activated but buffer underrun protection activated. I have smart burn enabled under the rocorder options in nero. but before i upgraded it used to say it but now it jus tsays buffer underrun. any ideas?

Which drive and Nero?

40125s reports Smart Burn activated,instaed 48125w doesn’t anymore.Upgraded to VS08?How does it work?I haven’t burnt yet.

Bye

Originally posted by joeyddr
I upgraded my drive and it works fine the only thing that i noticed is that nero does not say smart burn activated but buffer underrun protection activated. I have smart burn enabled under the rocorder options in nero. but before i upgraded it used to say it but now it jus tsays buffer underrun. any ideas?

That’s normal, Nero only writes “buffer-underrun protection activated” in the log, I’ve never seen it saying “smart-burn activated”.

its a 32123S upgraded to 40125S

If it’s 32123s@40125s I understand why.
Yuo couldn’t deactivate Smart Burn with 32123s,instead you could deactivate BP and you got the "Smart Burn has been activated"message.
Instead with 40125s you can’t deactivate Burn Proof,but you can not with Smart Burn…so you get the massage “Burn Proof has been activated”.

You get the automatic message about the feature you can’t deactivate.

That’s it.

Bye

Thanks for clearing that up:cool: