Slysoft's prices going up!

Antigua, West Indies - November, 30th 2007

SlySoft switches over to the Euro

In order to guarantee future software development, SlySoft will change
its pricing from U.S. dollars 1:1 to the Euro effective January 1, 2008.
The resulting price increase is absolutely justified according to SlySoft
CEO Giancarlo Bettini:

“The largest cost factor facing a software company is programming. All our
developers are already paid in Euro and have been for years. In order to
maintain our software at the latest level well into the future and at the
same time be able to provide our customers with free updates and free
support, a switch to the Euro was simply a logical consequence.”

Out of fairness, SlySoft announces this step well in advance of its taking
effect in order to provide all interested parties the opportunity to
purchase SlySoft products at the old prices. Those buyers who act quickly
in this time can also save an additional 20% with the special Christmas
Promotion which started today.

Using a currency calculator, that looks like a jump in price for AnyDVD from $49.00 to $71.98.

eh a lot of (software downloads) sites seem to be offering deals as the holiday seasons seem to be the slower period for these dvd backup products in particular it seems. But if your post is in fact true( might be) they would loose business to competiter products eh? Personally I wouldnt flinch…STEVE

I wouldn’t be interested either way. Like DVDFab better. JMO

Ouch!..but as any good software it does the job so people are and are worth every penny if not for the genius behind the programing of slysoft programs beating out HD and BD+ in the future while maintaining past CD and DVD decryptions.

if thats 49 US to 72 US dollars = :frowning:

ill find other “ways” to decrypt those occasional dvd’s i need decrypting.

although for some people that price can be fairly cheap if u got like hundreds of movie dvd’s that need to be backed up… but at that price (72 bucks) i would have to be guaranteed several years of updates minimum or i would not even consider buying it… although lifetime is more like it :wink:

p.s. a damn shame the “higher ups” shutdown “DVD Decrypter” as that was THE BEST :wink: (until it got shutdown of course lol)

Like many companies, SlySoft has seen its net profit dwindle in the face of the decline of the US Dollar. Some currency experts see the Euro to Dollar rate going well above where it is today.

The official news release mentioned that the programming costs have been in Euro for a long time and this also applies to some support costs as well.

When you factor in the licensing policy (one-time / lifetime), free updates, support even beyond the declared one-year, fast support turn-around it only makes sense that SlySoft stabilizes their bottom line. Since January they have seen a 25% decrease in the dollar value of their sales.

Other companies with Euro-costs will follow this switch as the USD slowly loses its grip on the lead currency ranking. This may even accelerate if some countries currently holding billions in dollars start dumping them. Add this to the fact that the OPEC countries are not delighted seeing their oil priced in a currency steadily losing buying power and this makes even more sense to go with stability.

[QUOTE=expat83;1951659]Like many companies, SlySoft has seen its net profit dwindle in the face of the decline of the US Dollar. Some currency experts see the Euro to Dollar rate going well above where it is today.

The official news release mentioned that the programming costs have been in Euro for a long time and this also applies to some support costs as well.

When you factor in the licensing policy (one-time / lifetime), free updates, support even beyond the declared one-year, fast support turn-around it only makes sense that SlySoft stabilizes their bottom line. Since January they have seen a 25% decrease in the dollar value of their sales.

Other companies with Euro-costs will follow this switch as the USD slowly loses its grip on the lead currency ranking. This may even accelerate if some countries currently holding billions in dollars start dumping them. Add this to the fact that the OPEC countries are not delighted seeing their oil priced in a currency steadily losing buying power and this makes even more sense to go with stability.[/QUOTE]

That is true as to what is happening but can we just stay on the topic post by the OP…rather then going off tangent…on the subject…

Great program and support [B]buy it[/B] now.

would rather use R4M and DvdFab, but thanks anyways

I own the whole family of Slysoft it is well worth the money.

[quote=beachbumm;1951868]would rather use R4M and DvdFab, but thanks anyways[/quote] DITTO on the FAB as it’s cheaper and just as good :iagree:

R4M is even cheaper, lol…and so far just as good as any

[quote=beachbumm;1952230]R4M is even cheaper, lol…and so far just as good as any[/quote]Bear in mind the site is shut and no further development is likely.

I realize that imkidd57, seems its been that way for a long time, but the program still works great. Only movie I personally havent been able to backup was Hairspray. So I’ll keep using it, but I do also use DVDFAB platinum that I purchased.

[QUOTE=beachbumm;1952280]I realize that imkidd57, seems its been that way for a long time, but the program still works great. Only movie I personally havent been able to backup was Hairspray. So I’ll keep using it, but I do also use DVDFAB platinum that I purchased.[/QUOTE]

But as all software we on the other side reading don’t know if you used DVDFab Plat to make the do the process…other then what the poster says…

the only movie i have used dvdfab for so far is hairspray, but with ever advancing copy protection, im sure ill need to use it more in the future.