SlySoft releases new AnyDVD update, recommended upgrade

vbimport

I just posted the article SlySoft releases new AnyDVD update, recommended upgrade.

SlySoft has just released an update for their
AnyDVD software with
which you can decrypt copy-protected DVDs on-the-fly using several popular
software packages. According to the information I…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6478-SlySoft-releases-new-AnyDVD-update-recommended-upgrade.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6478-SlySoft-releases-new-AnyDVD-update-recommended-upgrade.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m the author of the patin-couffin access layer, and I’m pretty upset now with rumours Once again, I’m very surprised to discover that my driver are suspected to cause problems … in the forums or in the news - rather than in our support email. I’m always very surprised to read direct accusations, without being notified of any technical informations about it, or even without being notified by our users and/or our beta testers of problems concerning anydvd and the presence of patin-couffin on the same computer. I’m also surprised that our driver could interfere with anydvd filter driver. Patin-couffin accesses at a lower level, and up to now, that caused the softwares using patin-couffin to just NOT see AnyDVD (that’s for 2K/XP/2K3). For Win9x, it’s yet another problem, but I don’t think AnyDVD support 9x, did he ? Our duty has never been to interfere or disturb other softwares. I know other software that solve their problem by removing concurrent, or telling they are causing troubles. Our duty is not to accuse, but to do our possible to make everything working fine on one’s computer. In my humble professsionnal opinion, I think it’s better to provide technical informations to the concerned people rather than spreading rumours for whatever purpose. Well, if there is a REAL bug in patin-couffin, Come on slysoft, don’t do a “workaround”, but tell me how it bsod so I can correct and admit my mistake … - and Olly, if it’s still you the author, you know my email ! I know for sure there is an alternative of anydvd (or similar) no yet public but working now. It uses patin-couffin to access drives, it’s faster, support any software, and - most important - will be free !

I’m sorry I have ran several time test’s using both of these products and not once did I get a BSOD, I believe slysoft needs to look elsewhere, maybe it’s alcohol and their virtual drive, maybe it’s nero and maybe even EZCD creator. I believe slysoft test are fabricated if not downright wrong, I have even used it with copytodvd without any problems. Why are people always looking elsewhere to place the blame why can’t it be their product for once? VSO has taken the blame when it’s their fault they always have and they have done whats needed to fix the problem.

Yep. Same here, used Blindread/write suite and copytoDVD in conjunction with AnyDVD and had no problems. I have now taken AnyDVD of my system, because I prefer to rip with Decrypter before using any transcoding software, just to make sure the DVD vobs get a “clean” read to the HD before using DVD2ONE.

So what is this new FREE alternative Blindwriter? Because we all know Any DVD is a rip-off money wise for what it is. :wink: And don’t forget…it has nothing to do with CloneDVD - honest! lol :B Any free holidays going in the bahamas btw Olli?

I’m the author of Patin-couffin, again… After more investigation - and - finally - a technical mail exchange with AnyDvd author, we have found the issue that could occur only with very recent AnyDVD driver. That’s why older releases worked without a problem. To avoid other software to suffer the same problem with patin-couffin, we will provide an update very soon that correct the issue.

so it sounds like the author of anydvd didn’t do enough testing before this release? And it was their driver causing the problem and therefore makes this story bogus?
[edited by kamikazee on 23.08.2003 04:15]

hi there i just installed latest version of anydvd…when i rebooted after the install my damn computer only works in safemode…i get the blue screen of deathj,im using Win Xp as soon as i uninstalled it and tried the older version back again,my computer works fine,come on guys an update is supossed to fix the problem not make it worse…

more buggy for me to this newer version too. BSOD when ripping a DVD. Neverhad a BSOD on this system until i installed the newest AnyDVD. Rolled back to previous version I was using and that works fine.
[edited by lanky on 23.08.2003 14:12]

new version of vso products were released to solve the problems.

I have removed Patin-couffin from my device drivers… I have no idea how it got there, but now I have done so all problems with creating a cd-rom have been removed. To the author of this piece of crap - sorry, couldn’t write to you directly because I didn’t even know about you. Thank gawd my system is back to normal without it.

I have removed Patin-couffin from my device drivers… I have no idea how it got there, but now I have done so all problems with creating a cd-rom have been removed. To the author of this piece of crap - sorry, couldn’t write to you directly because I didn’t even know about you. Thank gawd my system is back to normal without it.