Slysoft now called RedFox, moves to Belize

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Slysoft now called RedFox, moves to Belize[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/02/myce-redfox-forum-95x75.png[/newsimage]

RedFox, the new name of a new entity existing out of former Slysoft employees, is now available on redfox.bz. The .bz domain extension is from Belize, a country considered to be both Caribbean and Central American.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-now-called-redfox-moves-to-belize-78735/](http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-now-called-redfox-moves-to-belize-78735/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

LET THE RESURRECTION BEGIN

Brilliant!!! Well done Redfox team. :bow::smiley:

And the fox WILL RISE!!!

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2769244]LET THE RESURRECTION BEGIN[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2769261]And the fox WILL RISE!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Great news indeed but they’ve always risen from attempts to shut them down in the past so let’s hope this continues. :clap: :clap:

[B]Wombler[/B]

its great to know people will not lay down to force from those who don’t care or understand. RISE THE RED FOX GO FOX TEAM!!! GOGOGO

can anyone confirm, that hollwood is going to make blurays that will only work on a machine with an internet connection? if so I for one won’t buy any movie that forces anyone to have an internet connection. if so will sent them the bill! anyone know anything about this?

[QUOTE=midnightfox;2769311]can anyone confirm, that hollwood is going to make blurays that will only work on a machine with an internet connection? if so I for one won’t buy any movie that forces anyone to have an internet connection. if so will sent them the bill! anyone know anything about this?[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt anyone other than someone who works making the movies in Hollywood can help you with that question. Its a speculation but that would be a dopey thing for them to do, not everyone has an internet connection, they would cutting off the hand that feeds them.

[QUOTE=Ch3vr0n;2769261][B]And the fox WILL RISE!!![/B]

The sermons begin. LOL And the fox WILL RISE out of the ashes and comeback for the revenge that we all seek. hallelujah, can I get an Amen?

@midnightfox

The new Ultra HD Blu-ray format has two different protection levels. One is called AACS 2.0 Basic, where the title key is included with the disc. The second is called AACS 2.0 Enhanced, where you will need an internet connection at least one time to have the key delivered to your player.

Once the key is delivered for an enhanced disc, you don’t need the internet connection again for that particular disc and player combination. If you want to play it in a different player, then you’d need the internet connection once more.

I suspect the vast majority of the discs will be the enhanced variety.

Of course, this applies to the UHD Blu-ray, not the normal, 1080p Blu-ray discs.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2769314]@midnightfox

The new Ultra HD Blu-ray format has two different protection levels. One is called AACS 2.0 Basic, where the title key is included with the disc. The second is called AACS 2.0 Enhanced, where you will need an internet connection at least one time to have the key delivered to your player.

Once the key is delivered for an enhanced disc, you don’t need the internet connection again for that particular disc and player combination. If you want to play it in a different player, then you’d need the internet connection once more.

Of course, this applies to the UHD Blu-ray, not the normal, 1080p Blu-ray discs.[/QUOTE]

This raises two questions for me:

1. How will they know the keys are being accessed by a licensed hardware player and not from a computer seeking to rip the disc?

2. Will AACS 2.0 work its way onto regular Blu-ray and DVD?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2769314]@midnightfox

Of course, this applies to the UHD Blu-ray, not the normal, 1080p Blu-ray discs.[/QUOTE]

Kerry, thanks for that info, would you a special TV to actually be able to play discs of that resolution?

[QUOTE=hogger129;2769315]This raises two questions for me:

1. How will they know the keys are being accessed by a licensed hardware player and not from a computer seeking to rip the disc?

2. Will AACS 2.0 work its way onto regular Blu-ray and DVD?[/QUOTE]

I’m sure they have worked out a method of encryption for the delivery of the keys, and that method will be provided to the manufacturers of the players. This will be difficult to break without an insider providing information. PowerDVD has stated that they intend to have a software player for UHD Blu-ray, and since they were cracked years ago for regular Blu-ray, I’m equally certain that they will have to prove to the AACS LA that they have set up a secure method to get the keys.

I have not heard anyone talking about adding AACS 2.0 to regular Blu-ray discs.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2769316]Kerry, thanks for that info, would you a special TV to actually be able to play discs of that resolution?[/QUOTE]

You will need a tv that complies to HDCP 2.2 to get all the features of the new Ultra HD format. If your tv only has HDCP 1.4, you’ll still get the 4k resolution (assuming that your tv is capable of 4k), but you won’t get HDR effects or wide color gamut.

New 4k tv’s will undoubtedly conform to HDCP 2.2. Its just the early 4k sets that will see some issues.

If you only have a 1080p set, you’ll still be able to play the movies, it will just be displayed at the lower resolution and without the newer features.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2769318]I’m sure they have worked out a method of encryption for the delivery of the keys, and that method will be provided to the manufacturers of the players. This will be difficult to break without an insider providing information. PowerDVD has stated that they intend to have a software player for UHD Blu-ray, and since they were cracked years ago for regular Blu-ray, I’m equally certain that they will have to prove to the AACS LA that they have set up a secure method to get the keys.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if they’re using something like a public key crypto type of system, where keys can be possibly tied to a particular player with an individualized serial number.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2769320]You will need a tv that complies to HDCP 2.2 to get all the features of the new Ultra HD format. If your tv only has HDCP 1.4, you’ll still get the 4k resolution (assuming that your tv is capable of 4k), but you won’t get HDR effects or wide color gamut.

New 4k tv’s will undoubtedly conform to HDCP 2.2. Its just the early 4k sets that will see some issues.

If you only have a 1080p set, you’ll still be able to play the movies, it will just be displayed at the lower resolution and without the newer features.[/QUOTE]
So at the minimum you would need a 4K TV to see any difference in the picture.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2769313]The sermons begin. LOL And the fox WILL RISE out of the ashes and comeback for the revenge that we all seek. hallelujah, can I get an Amen?[/QUOTE]Amen…:bow: I told you so…:smiley:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2769313]The sermons begin. LOL And the fox WILL RISE out of the ashes and comeback for the revenge that we all seek. hallelujah, can I get an Amen?[/QUOTE]

RedFox,praised will be your name,your kingdom comes…Amen…:bigsmile:

Let The Dark Knight RedFox rise!:cool: