Slysoft launches CloneDVD Mobile - Convert movies to PSP, iPod video and more

I just posted the article Slysoft launches CloneDVD Mobile - Convert movies to PSP, iPod video and more.

PeebZ and Jan70 used our news submit to tell us that Slysoft has announced a new application our forums. The company has launched  a new product called CloneDVD mobile which allows you to...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11446-Slysoft-launches-CloneDVD-Mobile---Convert-movies-to-PSP-iPod-video-and-more.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11446-Slysoft-launches-CloneDVD-Mobile---Convert-movies-to-PSP-iPod-video-and-more.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hi, Quote: “With the software you can also convert your DVDs to other file formats, such as DivX, XviD, AVI, MP4, etc.” I downloaded this to have a look but can’t find how to save it as an AVI. Also, are there any tools that can rip a DVD to WMV with 5.1 sound or end user VC1 encoders. Cheers, John

“I downloaded this to have a look but can’t find how to save it as an AVI.” Surley the generic DIVX option would do this? Not tested it myself yet, but hoping for good things from SlySoft!

Why on earth would you pay $40 for this when there are some really good free alternatives.

Any discounts for previous Slysoft customers?

It is in the article: “Owners of other SlySoft products who consider buying this program should wait a few days, as we will offer a special discount for owners of AnyDVD, CloneCD and CloneDVD”

they should add xvid support. also use autogk 2.26 or avi.net, they are both free, allow you to use 5.1, mp3, divx 6, xvid 1.1 etc and allow much greater control over the settings to use.

Couldn’t this be integrated right into CloneDVD? Why does it need to be a seperate program?

so they can get extra money !

Hajj_3, if You look at the INI files of CloneDVD Mobile it appears as they allready are using XVID. I also have used both avi.net and AutoGK but i think there are different target groups for the applications. After having tried CloneDVD mobile i can vouch for that AutoGK or AVI.net are not this easy to use. A couple of clicks, with no DVD VOB file preparations needed, and i have a nice good looking, good smelling file ready for consumption. I give the program a thumbs up. Cool, i just added widescreen 16:9 output to the programs Divx output by just editing the INI file. Simple easy great stuff.
[edited by Paddy97 on 01.02.2006 19:04]

Anyone noticed that this program is a violation of the GPL? cygwin, XviD and probably also the used AAC codec - it’s all GPL.

Does anybody knows if you can get the subtitles?

AVI is just a container. It has nothing to do with codec.